Just watched Scorpions “World Wide Live” for first time in 20 years…

Gregmang

Fractal Fanatic
…and holy crap Matthias Jabs is a monster player. I mean I always knew that but to see this again after so long was a quite a reminder. Not only is his lead playing amazing but he rarely plays a basic rhythm part and is always embellishing with cool as hell riffs.

I had a bit of an epiphany when I too went back and listened to a bunch of Scorpions for the first time in about 20 years. Specifically I realized that the idea I had in my head about what I wanted my leads to sound like -- it was all Matthias.

• Love
Reactions: JTI
I had a bit of an epiphany when I too went back and listened to a bunch of Scorpions for the first time in about 20 years. Specifically I realized that the idea I had in my head about what I wanted my leads to sound like -- it was all Matthias.
Same ! His leads don't sound like anyone else's. Very unique and has their own vibe. He sounds like he was absolutely on fire when he did them and they have the same vibe of a lot of EVH's.

World Wide Live is legendary. Long before the stupid whistling song and Tease Me Please Me crap. They were certainly commercial at that point but they still rocked. Like a Hurricane :grimacing::hearteyes:Klaus' voice is flawless as well. Just a great band with a KILLER batch of tunes and performances.

Back
Top Bottom