Just watched Lamb of God for umpteenth time

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
They had Huntress and DECAPITATED(!!!!) supporting them. I got momentarily knocked out by a high elbow from some meat head, no neck, leather wearing grease monkey who's weight in stones is higher than his IQ. Not even an apology from the dick smoking douche bag.

I came around in time to stop the glorified event staff from pulling me out and even made it to the front row. All in all, considering the minor head trauma and near cracked ribs, I had a great night. I lost one of my ear plugs, so now I have tinnitus in one ear.

Ok, I feel better for sharing that. As you were. :)

Haha.. wow.. I was in the front row for Meshuggah recently here and behind me was a tornado, most of the time was like riding a roller coaster. One more thing checked off the bucket list ;)

How well did Waggoner fill in for Morton? I love both BTBAM and LoG but it's hard for me to wrap my brain around Waggoner playing for LoG.

Sounds like a fun gig!

I've seen LoG a few times and it can get pretty intense. You get the old school moshers out (the ones that don't yet need hip or knee replacements) and while they might not have the same stamina any more, they sure know where to hit you so it hurts.

I've never seen Meshuggah though. They're on my bucket list. I had a chance last year to see Periphery, Devin Townsend and Meshuggah on the same bill, but I didn't have the money to go. I would have had to fly to England and I needed to save for New Zealand.

Ah well. :)

I saw Meshuggah in Manchester a couple if years back. The circle pit was intense. Paul Waggoner held his own really well. To say that he learnt an entire set list plus solos is no easy task. Of course he didn't solo exactly[\i] like Morton but hell 90% was right and who cares really? Mountain of Boogie cabs on stage, but no amps. I wonder if he was using his Axe Fx. He was playing Ibanez guitars with Black Hawks. Cut through the mix well. They played most of my favourites so I'm a happy bunny.

My head is still killing me, had to take the day off Uni. Might go to hospital later if it doesn't improve.

I had a similar experience at a periphery concert. Some dbag teen kept pushing my wife, I lost it and has some exchange of words. Luckily he left and nothing else happened. Needless to say, we just sit in the back now a days haha

I saw LOG at Ozzfest and at the 930 club ( DC ) both were great shows. I have not had a chance to see Mehuggah yet though , bummer .
I saw Decapitated at summer slaughter one year they were one of the best sounding bands on the lineup. How was Decapitated without Krimh ? Dude's a monster drummer ! should start his own band now rather than go with an already establiched act .

I saw LOG at Ozzfest and at the 930 club ( DC ) both were great shows. I have not had a chance to see Mehuggah yet though , bummer . I saw Decapitated at summer slaughter one year they were one of the best sounding bands on the lineup. How was Decapitated without Krimh ? Dude's a monster drummer ! should start his own band now rather than go with an already establiched act .

They were amazing. Their current drummer was more than adequate. Really enjoyed their performance. Such a huge sound with one guitar.

I've been a huge metalhead my entire life but have never identified with the whole moshing thing and general disrespect you find at most metal shows.

It's unfortunate... I enjoy watching bands perform but have no desire to be knocked around and/or dodge cigarettes and beverages flying through the air.

I don't get near pits these days. I would hate to have something happen to my hands, eyes, or any other parts of mine.
I like to be the guy on stage making people lose their minds, not the other way around. When I do go to a show, I hug the outer walls.
I remember being 20 and pissed off and moshing before or after I played. No one ever got seriously hurt and we took care of ANYONE who went down.
Then something changed and kids started doing spin kicks and throwing the most ridiculous punches you have ever seen...And some how this became
the norm. I went to my sister's boyfriend's show and saw a singer in another band spin kick a girl in the face who had moved away from him 4 or 5 times.
He didn't apologize and when something was said to him about it by the band on stage, he then tried to fight the band, while they were playing. Pathetic.

Sorry you experience was interfered with. Remember that people in huge groups tend to turn in to dumb animals. Double edged sword if you ask me.

i was at Memphis May Fire/For Today/Word Alive/Upon a Burning Body and was right at the edge of the people down front listening, jumping, having a good time and the maniac circle pit behind me. This one guy lowered his head like a battering ram and ran straight into my back as hard as he could 4 straight times....5th time i let him have a nice elbow right to his nose....he didn't do it again. (pretty sure i broke his nose, but that's what he gets)

Back
Top Bottom