Just watched "It might get Loud". Floored!

Dutch

Fractal Fanatic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNqu4_pG44M

At 42:15 The Edge and Page and Jack White are jamming and it hit me like a hammer. If I were the Edge at that point I fully believe I would scream. There is Jimmy Page learning his song! JIMMY FRIGGING PAGE! And having fun doing it! Is there anything more huge than that?

Of course any one person whereever enjoying your work is a huge thing, but there's still a special place for the people of that stature.

It hit me so hard I had to pause it and walk away for a moment.

BTW, for the Edge enthousiasts there is a great piece where he is soundchecking his rig. That soundcheck is also on a seperate youtube vid, BTW. Also funny how both Page and White have a couple of amps on the edge of the platform they're sitting on and The Edge has this huge 20ft array of rig standing 10 ft away... I'm gonna steal a couple of tones off that soon.

Jimmy is a true Jedi in that film.

Also, Bono in a Poloshirt at 40:16 is a shock...

I really enjoyed that film too.

Some highlights for me:

- Jimmy Page waking through his equipment room at home. Simple home-made wooden shelves in a narrow room. But the gear on the those shelves is to die for. You can see many famous guitars, amp heads and pedals in that scene.

- Jimmy Page playing the Whole Lotta Love riff and the Edge and Jack White stopping playing :)

Overall I came away really impressed with Jack White. I didn't know much about him. That film made him way more legit for me.

Big plusses for both films.

The Whole Lotta Love riff and the guys looking on smiling..... Jack White making a guitar in the first scene...... yeah! :)

I think it's loosely iconic guitarists from different decades.

I'm not sure what to make of it. I found some parts fascinating and others disappointing. I was unimpressed with the "need" for Jack White's mini-me, but I guess it was supposed to be funny.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom