Just upgraded from Fw17 to Quantum 2.0

2.1 is even better. We took the research we did for 2.0 and extended it to the interaction between connected tubes.
1364019977817296034.GIF

I tell all my friends and fellow musicians (non fractal owners) about firmware upgrades and they look at me like I am a geek from outer space. Yet i go on and on and on... Its hard not having fellow fractal owners in my hood that can share in my excitement when a new FW is released/announced. One thing that they all agree on - the tones i can get instantly are so impressive! Bring on the gravy Cliff!!

Now that we are synched again with months, we can wait for Quantum 3 in march, aren't we ?
More seriously I just love Fractal Audio

Nice!!! You can bet that I won't wait another year to upgrade. I still haven't finish to re-build all my patches and a new FW comes out. Shouldn't be as drastic though. Will do it next week. I've always been a Volume kind of player to get different textures. Can't wait to see that as it was doing fine to me. Well so did FW17 until I noticed the huge difference with Quantum. My bass player goes nuts about my sounds and got on the waiting for the AX-8. And to those of you saying that they stopped checking music stores or trying to figure out the best new OD box… I gotta say that I spend just as much time on it but with the Axe FX.

Since we're talking about rolling your volume to clean up the sound. Who uses a treble bleed here? I hesitate to do the mod. I've seen an interview with Andy Timmons ( That Pedal Show ) and he has it on all his guitars. I kind of like the darker tones you get when you roll off your volume but when I saw that video, it seems like they both have great benefits.

Except for guitars. You can never have too many guitars! :smilingimp:
Haha so true. But now that I don't have to spend on amps, switchers, pedals, etc… I got a lot more money to spend on guitars. And the beauty of it, it all goes on my annual taxes. :)

Since we're talking about rolling your volume to clean up the sound. Who uses a treble bleed here? I hesitate to do the mod. I've seen an interview with Andy Timmons ( That Pedal Show ) and he has it on all his guitars. I kind of like the darker tones you get when you roll off your volume but when I saw that video, it seems like they both have great benefits.
Put it on a switch. That way you can have it either way.

I like treble bleeds on strats and teles but not humbucker types. I prefer the '50s tone control setup for HB's.

Something that's befuddled me for a long time is the texture of the distortion when you roll the volume off. Quantum 2.0 got really close but it was still bothering me why it wasn't exactly the same. I finally figured out what causes that.

That's sweet. That was the only slight area I was looking for an improvement in. On some of the super dynamic amplifier types like dumble, you can almost completely control the amount of overdrive with your guitar's volume control. Looking forward to trying this on 2.1. When will it be available?

That's sweet. That was the only slight area I was looking for an improvement in. On some of the super dynamic amplifier types like dumble, you can almost completely control the amount of overdrive with your guitar's volume control. Looking forward to trying this on 2.1. When will it be available?
S word ;)

Back
Top Bottom