Just updated to Quantum 1.1

I don't use X/Y myself so I don't know how it affects things. I should have also mentioned that you need to select the block first, and that it works on ( I think ) all blocks, but Chris cleaned up my rebounds Dennis Rodman style. With some blocks with "presets" like drive it will return you to the first preset, not just resetting the parameters within the preset.

Also I went to jam with a friend of a friends band tonight, using Quantum 1.01 and everyone thought it sounded fantastic. We played a setlist of songs I didn't know for the most part and they asked me if I coud play a gig with them in December. :lol

Last edited:
I had a chance to try it but had no time to tweak any presets. Loosing my hair here just thinking about tweaking hence Chris idea here is brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

once i'd reset the block and put the master, pres and input trim where i had them before (and the couple of geq's in the mesa presets) there was very little to do. just adjust the level slightly and maybe the presence. it was actually very quick. i got through 30-odd presets in about an hour. i had made recordings of my v20 presets, so i had a reference for level and tone.

once i'd reset the block and put the master, pres and input trim where i had them before (and the couple of geq's in the mesa presets) there was very little to do. just adjust the level slightly and maybe the presence. it was actually very quick. i got through 30-odd presets in about an hour. i had made recordings of my v20 presets, so i had a reference for level and tone.

I assume that filters and GEQ doesn't need to be revised in every FW update? I always thought that Cliff is changing the whole structure of how the whole unit process the signal because it was either fizzy, Tight, or bassy.

Ok so I've tried to tweak back my sound from FW 17.03 but there are audible things I can't dial out. I quit for today with miserable results.

Low end with crackling. When I cut out the bass its losing dynamics and becomes flat sounding. I'll try to spend more time tomorrow and se how it gets on.

finally got time. second attempt as first one didn't go so well (no idea why)

definitely reset the amps - there are changes to some of the advanced parameters that aren't picked up unless you do (in my case, anyway) and there's a definite improvement in tone

sounds really good. i have a couple of weeks before the next gig, so i'll have time to finish going through all my presets and do a bit more tweaking...

if you haven't done it yet...what are you waiting for, you numpty
When you say "reset the amps" are you refering to the tools drop down and selecting reset or are you saying that you went into each preset
and changed the amp and then changed back? Thanks in advance for your reply!!

So just to be clear, you are in say preset 001 and on the home screen on the AXE and you just double tap the bypass button and that resets the amp block?

No, you have to select the amp block first (press edit button, use the cursor buttons to move to the amp block and press edit again) then double tap the bypass button.

Just re-select the amp type.

To complete reset the amp block, select Initialize.

Why is the amp block reset necessary? Why wouldn't the firmware updates take care of that for you?

it would, normally....which is why i didn't bother the first time i tried to update to quantum. i was more curious and careful the second time, so i copied X into Y and then reset Y. i could then compare the two versions. some of the advanced parameters (which i never mess with) were different and there was a definite difference in tone between the two versions (after setting MV, pres and input trim the same)

I would think the new firmware would want to highlight those differences, not leave them hidden in advanced parameters that many don't often get to?

Back
Top Bottom