Just two things that I can't get over

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
First thing that I still can't get over is how great my strat sounds through the AxeFXII. I know that it's a fine guitar and for some reason I've never been able to bring myself to sell it even though I almost never play it because I can never get it to sound good, but through the II its just amazing. I have no earthly idea what the difference is other than it sounds and feels great.

Second thing is that I can't seem to get off the bassman amp model. Last time I was like this was with the Ultra and the Trainwreck sim. It's really good in the II as well, but there is something about the bassman in here that just makes it impossible to switch presets. I'm almost scared to try out the other Fender models that I actually preferred in other systems like the DR and TR. I'm not sure if I can handle it yet.

did you try out the strat with any of the vox amps? ;) if not, I suggest you try them now! :D

Actually, I took the "Cliffs of Dover" preset and turned off the drive and found the most amazing strat tone, especially rolling off the volume a bit.
My "Strat" has weak pick ups and loves that amp.
If you have a good baseman preset, please share it. I'm having trouble getting a sound I really like out of that.

I'm really digging the stock Double Verb patch (I think it's # 4 or 5) with the stock drive pedal and stock verb on that preset. Turn everything else off. Really gets into the Stone "keef" vibe with my Nocaster. Might see what that one does for you. Some of the other presets needed a bit more work for me to get them sitting right with single coils.

did you try out the strat with any of the vox amps? ;) if not, I suggest you try them now! :D
Agreed. My Anderson drop top with top boost model in middle and fourth position is so chicken pickin' it's scary

I've been stuck in Top Boost for months... amazing what a few different drives can push out of that sim!

...I still can't get over is how great my strat sounds through the AxeFXII...
...I can't seem to get off the bassman amp model....
Yes. Exactly...almost. also loving Vox, Shiva, Z...

If only there were more time in my day!

Back
Top Bottom