Just tried a Wet/Dry setup with 2 amps and the FX8

Yes you would, i have an RJM rack gizmo with a Decimator and various favorite pedals for this purpose, that i kick in once in a while. So on my clean settings the Decimator is out. I have an Empress para EQ in there also to sculpt my tone.

Works great.

Maybe I could put a Decimator pedal in the loop and set the Mark V's loop to only activate on Channel 3.

So I googled the Carving power amp you mentioned... it's out of stock. Did I dream this or did Carvin close up shop, perantly? How would your Carvin power amp compare to say a Matrix [insert model number].

Maybe I could put a Decimator pedal in the loop and set the Mark V's loop to only activate on Channel 3.

So I googled the Carving power amp you mentioned... it's out of stock. Did I dream this or did Carvin close up shop, perantly? How would your Carvin power amp compare to say a Matrix [insert model number].

Any SS power amp will work, Matrix are awesome amps. With my other setup, I am using a Crown power amp I had to power my PA system, works just as good and has power to spare.

And yes Carvin is out.

And the channel 3 decimator idea is great.

Just tried a Wet/Dry setup with 2 amps and the FX8 - JCM800 with fx loop wet and a Tweed dry.

This was amazingly easy to setup - the JCM800 is running as normal, so the left pre out of the FX8 to the amp input, and then the post outs to the fx loop of the JCM800.

To add the 2nd amp, i just ran a cable from the Right pre out to the input of the tweed and hey presto both amps on together, in phase and no hum. (i can balance them using the Pre Balance on page 3 of the preset menu)

Did i get lucky, or is the FX8 just that good ?
I can't wait to get my orange cab, l will have a Mesa TC-50 and the Orange RV-50 running with my FX8. HEAVEN.

Well got my Orange OB cabinet today, tried wet/dry......Amazing thats the sound l'm looking for, full and cuts through without having to be so loud. Its so good, that l had to order a Yamaha DHR12 so my Alesis SR18 drum machine can keep up with it...Total Rock n Roll...And l like it :cool:

Back
Top Bottom