clarky

Axe-Master
oh my god this is nuts...

the JCM800 is stunning...
get the boost switch on and it just lights up
and the JCM800 cleaned up is just beautiful

the TripTik Modern was mental in 10...
and now it's more mental

I tried a 5153Blue to the left with a Herbert ch2+ to the right...
holeeeee shmoleeeeee
this is seriously forcing me into a major rethink of my riffing tone

the 5153Red has always been a fave go to...
and totally still is...
but now it has this silky quality..

jeez....
loving this...
it's insane

Cliff - I don't know what you did...
but it looks like you've hit a major bullseye from where I'm sat..

I tried my Uberschall patch...

i'm STILL on my Uberschall patch.

Did that too for a while... haven't been on the ubershcall for a while, as it was not there.

So far bass and gain seem to be up on my patches... scooped a bit if you will. more tomorrow.

I don't play with a ton of gain most of the time, and I've always gravitated towards brown/blonde Fenders, but somehow the Vibroverb in the Axe II didn't cut it for me until 11. It sounds incredible now!

I started with the TripTik Classic, I continued with the TripTik Classic, I am still on the TripTik Classic.... Is there another life beyond that? :shock

there are entire lifetimes beyond that...
one for each amp

so if a cat has nine lives...
does it get nine amps?

Did that too for a while... haven't been on the ubershcall for a while, as it was not there.

So far bass and gain seem to be up on my patches... scooped a bit if you will. more tomorrow.

I reset the amp block, turned down the bass and compression, turned up presence and mid/treble and adjusted the graphic EQ block a little. Paired it with a stereo Uberkab V30 and T75. Mic's to taste.

Hey presto.

Remember that the Uberschall is a dark/bassy sounding amp. It's unbeatable for hot/whiny leads.

My guitar tone is similar to that twat for Avenged Sevenfold and Slash. This firmware sounds better than my actual Uberschall.

here's a little selection of my studio presets..

EDIT: these are FW11beta presets...
if your arms and legs fall off, your house gets lit on fire.. etc... doom and woe... blah blah.. destruction..
I'll not hold myself responsible and will be mostly laughing and pointing..

NOTE: these are tuned into my studio monitors and cans [and not my live rig]
so.... for live usage...
they will have too much gain, too much low end and the delay levels will be way too high..

View attachment RiffSolo8 St3a.syx
View attachment RiffSolo6 St3a.syx
View attachment RiffSolo5 St3a.syx
View attachment RiffSolo1 St3a.syx
View attachment ClnSolo1 St3a.syx

XP1 is the morph [extern1 / CC=16]
this will morph dirty tones clean and for some presets, dirty to a pad-like tone
XS1 switches between riff mode [or clean mode for the Clean/Solo presets] and solo mode [extern5 / CC=20]
XS2 switches on a phaser: vibe [extern6 / CC=21] and for the pad-like tones it'll kick in/out an octave

Riff/Solo5 has a wah
XP2 is the wah [extern2 / CC=17] / wah toe-switch is extern9

Last edited:
Clarky
Thanks for posting some of your presets.
I just need to figure the midi controller assignments out =)
I bought a FCB1010 that was modded like 6 months ago and haven't really needed to use it.
But now is a good time!!!
I have enjoyed following your thread and the recordings of your tone and the morphing which just blows me away, awesome stuff.
Greg

I have a Preset that I made with V8, Frideman HB and I have not really touched it EQ wise sense then. I can say without a doubt that it has change with 10. and now 11. each time with noticeable differences. V11 is so much better as it has that bite that sounds very real.

Same with the 800 it has that same bit to it that sounds very real. The Triptik has changed somewhat from the first time I played that sim not quite sure how to describe it but it has this dry mid knock to it now. Whereas before it had a JMP vibe going on. V11 is very interesting now and I understand what Cliff was touching on when he said that V11 would be like getting an Axe FX III.

Can't wait for the official version to be released!

Clarky
Thanks for posting some of your presets.
I just need to figure the midi controller assignments out =)
I bought a FCB1010 that was modded like 6 months ago and haven't really needed to use it.
But now is a good time!!!
I have enjoyed following your thread and the recordings of your tone and the morphing which just blows me away, awesome stuff.
Greg

haaa... thanks loooodz...
and no worries matey...

tonally my presets are not for everyone...
I'm kinda fond of the dirty stuff..
functionally though there is much fun to be had with them...

if you struggle with the FCB config, shout and I'm sure there will be enough of us in here that can get you going..

I have a Preset that I made with V8, Frideman HB and I have not really touched it EQ wise sense then. I can say without a doubt that it has change with 10. and now 11. each time with noticeable differences. V11 is so much better as it has that bite that sounds very real.

Same with the 800 it has that same bit to it that sounds very real. The Triptik has changed somewhat from the first time I played that sim not quite sure how to describe it but it has this dry mid knock to it now. Whereas before it had a JMP vibe going on. V11 is very interesting now and I understand what Cliff was touching on when he said that V11 would be like getting an Axe FX III.

Can't wait for the official version to be released!

with the JCM800..
try turning on the cut, brt, sat and boost switches... and drop the input-drive a little lower than you'd normally have it
in the amp:eq page, kill a little 500Hz
throw the amp through the 4x12 basket AX

then...
play anything from Unleashed in the East...
pure joy...
well... it's pure joy until the police show up and make you spend a night in the little room with no windows...

with the JCM800..
try turning on the cut, brt, sat and boost switches... and drop the input-drive a little lower than you'd normally have it
in the amp:eq page, kill a little 500Hz
throw the amp through the 4x12 basket AX

then...
play anything from Unleashed in the East...
pure joy...
well... it's pure joy until the police show up and make you spend a night in the little room with no windows...

Ha, Already there man. That's just to weird only I haven't dropped 500Hz yet but I'm spot on with the other settings. I will mess around with the EQ to and see what's up.

Back
Top Bottom