just sold ultra for axe ii

patience my friends, my thread got over 3,000 views before it finally sold. i was straight up about it, purchased in february, took a bunch of pics and included the redwirez big box w/ it as well.

you got a great price for your ultra!

I bought it from him. I had no trouble paying him that much because hes a real cool guy and I think its only fair that he gets 1820 for an Ultra he just recently bought. Its just ethics. I'd admit. I did try a little to get him to drop the price but he was persistent. Thats what showed he was a genuine dude who won't screw me over :)

Oh like they say, one man's II is another man's Ultra ;)

I wish I had the time and patience to get on the waiting list but I am outside US and the person whos suppose to haul this over for me is leaving June 28th for my wedding. So, happy waiting for II to mgavin! I hope he gets it soon.

Great to know this and glad both parties seem happy with the deal, congrates I believe the current system of the wait list and high store pricetag will help keep value to us with Standards and Ultras

Great to know this and glad both parties seem happy with the deal, congrates I believe the current system of the wait list and high store pricetag will help keep value to us with Standards and Ultras

While I agree waiting list is a good idea, hiking the price up has made a lot of the international buyers nervous.

Don't get me wrong. I only have respect for Cliff's genius and innovation. However, the way this whole affair was handled could have been a lot better. I am sure Cliff agrees on that too which is why now he is taking corrective measures (waiting list). Its also true it reflects in a negative manner on FA. Having gotten my minor in business management and then my masters in business, marketing & strategic supply management were two areas which are always most important. Marketing and production could have been handled more efficiently and this whole bloodbath could have been averted.

Whats done is done. I have no II. A lot of you are on waiting list and hopefully will receive yours in due time but no matter what Cliff does now is still resulting in 'indignant whining' or genuine complains. I saw a few posts where people said they refuse to buy the II now. Hopefully this mess will clear up in some time and things will be bright and shiny again. I do agree 'its Cliff's business, let him run it as he wants' but as a banker & co-pilot/successor to my dad's business, I'd make careful choices when it comes to my business image & goodwill in the market.

Good luck to Cliff, Axe II hopefuls & the indignant whiners! I can't wait to receive my Ultra. You won't find me here for a long time after that. Wife + Ultra = Awesome!

I bought it from him. I had no trouble paying him that much because hes a real cool guy and I think its only fair that he gets 1820 for an Ultra he just recently bought. Its just ethics. I'd admit. I did try a little to get him to drop the price but he was persistent. Thats what showed he was a genuine dude who won't screw me over :)

it's still a bargain at that price. the ultra is a very deep piece of gear. enjoy! :)

I played my Ultra for 4 hours straight yesterday and discover something new about it constantly, loving every minute. It is my liking so much of the Ultra I want the Axe II but not quite $400.00 more than if I wait my time on the list. Ultra's are probably the best bang for the buck now that the used market is loaded with them.

I played my Ultra for 4 hours straight yesterday and discover something new about it constantly, loving every minute. It is my liking so much of the Ultra I want the Axe II but not quite $400.00 more than if I wait my time on the list. Ultra's are probably the best bang for the buck now that the used market is loaded with them.

I agree. I've never owned any AxeFx units but listening to them on various records and youtube has made me want to get one quite badly.

I have a lot of other gear, I have a Laney GH50L, ADA MP-1 and an ENGL E530 which I run through Mesa Boogie 50/50 poweramp. I also have about 16 OD and other fx/eq pedals. So I think Axe will fit right in there. I basically need the Ultra for its high gain amp models because I cannot afford to crank my amps up too loud now that I've moved back from US and getting married.

Good times! Still wish I could get the II but maybe another day! :)

patience my friends, my thread got over 3,000 views before it finally sold. i was straight up about it, purchased in february, took a bunch of pics and included the redwirez big box w/ it as well.

The only reason you got that kind of cash was from this latest development with fas. If they had come out with the AFX II on time and as promised, you would be considering $1400 offers at this point. You were down to $1600 at one time weren't you?
The timing of things worked in your favor. It wasn't business savy....

The only reason you got that kind of cash was from this latest development with fas. If they had come out with the AFX II on time and as promised, you would be considering $1400 offers at this point. You were down to $1600 at one time weren't you?
The timing of things worked in your favor. It wasn't business savy....

I paid 1800 because:

1 - Time is an important factor. I needed a unit before June 28th.
2 - His unit has barely been used and was bought in Feb.
3 - I originally planned on buying an Ultra but got on to FA site to find out about II. I was waiting for a II until I couldn't and I ended up buying the Ultra because I know I won't be able to get a II for at least about a month or more.

Either way its fate. I had 2200 to drop on a unit, I dropped it on an Ultra and gonna use the rest to buy an interface and some cables. Its all good.

You're in Michigan. I miss Saginaw! Most people who I know live there hated it but I miss it quite badly. Hope to return someday :)

I have lived many places in the world in my 48 years. My father was in the Navy, and I was later in the Air Force. But no matter where I have lived, there is no place like home!
:)
I hear ya on the money set aside for the AFX II. Although I got in on the waiting list early and still plan on buying one when my number comes up, I used part of the cash I had set aside to buy a Tom Anderson guitar.
Life goes on right?

-Chris

Life goes on right?

-Chris

It does. I have a lot happening right now and I can't be bothered anymore. As much as it upsets me that I cannot have a II, I am happy I at least have an Ultra and some other kickass gear. There are people who have to think twice before buying even a fx pedal. We're just some of the fortunate ones to have better gear (or about to have it). Besides, I became a member on this forum and got to know a few cool people. All is well.

tom anderson guitars are amazing, that will definitely keep you happy until you get your axe! how long was your build time? or did you already buy a completed one?

I have lived many places in the world in my 48 years. My father was in the Navy, and I was later in the Air Force. But no matter where I have lived, there is no place like home!
:)
I hear ya on the money set aside for the AFX II. Although I got in on the waiting list early and still plan on buying one when my number comes up, I used part of the cash I had set aside to buy a Tom Anderson guitar.
Life goes on right?

-Chris

Chris if you happen to get your axe II any time in the near future, any chance i can check it out. Im in mt. pleasant, michigan. Ive currently got a ultra, but havent signed on to any list for the two yet cause im still deciding on getting a two or upgrading my sound to a matrix amp, and cab, or getting a two. This new price hike kinda is making me lean toward the matrix. Oh the decisions.

Back
Top Bottom