Just saw Iron Maiden and Ghost!

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
What a show Kansas City! I was wondering, now that Papa fired the band and hired new players, are they still using Fractal gear? They had a great guitar sound but I just can't get into them. I've tried but I just can't do it. Maiden was Killer! Cliff needs to introduce them to his product. Up the Irons! Scream for me Kansas City!!!

I bet the band bought them so they probably kept the gear and kicked 'em out

I've seen bands do that- realistically- in some bands the cost of their fractal gear can be more they make in a tour

I saw Maiden in 2005 with Sabbath and it was amazing- saw them a few years ago with dream theater and it was barely average...

What a show Kansas City! I was wondering, now that Papa fired the band and hired new players, are they still using Fractal gear? They had a great guitar sound but I just can't get into them. I've tried but I just can't do it. Maiden was Killer! Cliff needs to introduce them to his product. Up the Irons! Scream for me Kansas City!!!

I find it strange that the bandmembers has been around, recording, touring for years - and not gotten payed?(or so I read) Why did they stick around for so long? What did they live of? Since they're all masked, this might be a PR stunt or something? ...who knows.
Anyway, I really dig much of their work. The Meliora album especially. Once I got past the whole horror image which I didn't care for in the beginning (now it doesn't bother me), I found the music and the melodies to be truly special and "haunting". Think I even hear some Abba references :) I think the image might be giving people the wrong impression of Ghost, as the music is more straight melodic hard rock-ish.

Great show! I was there as well. Ghost was excellent but their shtick makes them less enjoyable to me personally. Maiden was outstanding. If you lost the video boards, hid Janeck Gers backstage, improved the set list a little and changed the stage set from Mayan to Egyptian it might've passed for mid 80s Maiden. They still seem to enjoy it which makes all the difference in the world.

Great show! I was there as well. Ghost was excellent but their shtick makes them less enjoyable to me personally. Maiden was outstanding. If you lost the video boards, hid Janeck Gers backstage, improved the set list a little and changed the stage set from Mayan to Egyptian it might've passed for mid 80s Maiden. They still seem to enjoy it which makes all the difference in the world.

Yeah, Maiden has never been much for changing up their sound that much. You KNOW what you will get come a new Maiden album. But unlike most other bands who re-release the same album over and over again, Maiden still seems able to keep it fresh and even add a few new gems with every album. Fear of the Dark was not one of their strongest albums, but the title track probably became their most beloved song. Even when they do an 80's only, or early 80's only tour, they STILL play FOTD.

On another note, is it my imagination but do Adrian Smith and Janeck Gers not get along? They never seem to have any interaction on stage.

Saw them two weeks ago in Phoenix, AZ. Almost flew to KC (where I grew up) to catch the show again there. Both bands were great when I saw them! Been seeing Maiden since 1984, and they sound particularly good on this tour. I've never heard them sound bad when I've seen them, but I've seen them sound great and I've seen them sound average. Don't know what it is, but they've sounded great every night on this tour, judging from the YouTube videos. Maiden still has it without a doubt. Still putting on a show that stomps all over a lot of bands who are 1/2 their age. Pretty amazing. Also dropped an additional $200 for the Trooper Ale VIP pre-show party and had a great time while getting to meet some new people. (I'm a fanboy for Maiden like that. Lol Plus, the bag of Maiden merch that came with the ticket to the party was pretty sweet too!) I'd love to see Maiden using the Fractal products, but that's gonna be a tough nut to crack. They're pretty firmly tied to their tube rigs and have been since forever...minus the brief love affair they had with the GK 250ML in '86-'88. I was familiar with a bit of Ghost's music prior to the show, and I dug what I'd heard. So I was looking forward to seeing them live. All I can say is "WOW"! Great live show! I will definitely see them when they come around again. Like Jeries suggested, I'd bet that the band (as a company) bought the Fractals. So I'd guess that all the tones you're hearing live from Ghost (which were GREAT, by the way) are Fractal generated. These ARE different nameless ghouls than in the past, but they sounded really damn good. Great energy too, which was something that was missing a little from previous ghouls. (Incidentally, the current bass player is a woman. And she KILLS it live. She was the bass player for all female Zep tribute band, Lez Zeppelin.) I had a blast at the show! Best time I've had at a concert in quite some time. If you're into Maiden and/or Ghost, don't miss this show! Up the Irons!!

They had a great guitar sound but I just can't get into them. I've tried but I just can't do it.
I'm with you on this Redd. I have tried many times to listen over and over, hoping it would click (because I have friends that rave about this band), but it just isn't happening for me. The songs/melodies are just boring and basic. The guitar playing may be technically difficult, I don't know because I've never tried to play any of it. But the singer is just 'meh' to me.

That is the exact opposite of how I feel about Maiden. I love Bruce's style of vibrato. It's my second favorite (first being Dug from Kings X).

Would love to catch Maiden live in the near future.

I'm with you on this Redd. I have tried many times to listen over and over, hoping it would click (because I have friends that rave about this band), but it just isn't happening for me. The songs/melodies are just boring and basic. The guitar playing may be technically difficult, I don't know because I've never tried to play any of it. But the singer is just 'meh' to me.

That is the exact opposite of how I feel about Maiden. I love Bruce's style of vibrato. It's my second favorite (first being Dug from Kings X).

Awesome man! Kings X started out in my home town and I got to open for them a few times after they made it. Very nice guys.

You can have your wish, sir. Maiden is playing Mansfield, MA on Wednesday night. 7/19/17 lol

Back
Top Bottom