Just Saw Diesel @ $6/gallon!!! WTF!!

TSJMajesty

Fractal Fanatic
And, it was 20 cents less only 2 days ago. Better stock up on anything you can, cuz this inflation's just getting started. You know, since everything we consume is transported by ships/trains/trucks that run on diesel.

And, it was 20 cents less only 2 days ago. Better stock up on anything you can, cuz this inflation's just getting started. You know, since everything we consume is transported by ships/trains/trucks that run on diesel.
Yeah, it’s nuts. I was paying $1.99 a gallon for diesel less than four years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
And WHY is it so much more expensive than regular? I understand the Ultra Low Sulfur Disel thing, because prior to that, it used to run about the same as regular. But after they started making ULSD, it was maybe 20% more. Now it's $1.60/gallon more than regular. Almost 50%!

CT State because of good money management practices, legislation initiated a CT state gas tax repeal. Theoretically, we should keep regular gas under $3. Realistically, nope.

I just need to keep my alcoholic drink intake under 3 drinks/evening. Much more realistic, said 1 was enough.

Last edited:
Wow, that's cheap! :tearsofjoy:

Looks like it's a matter of perspective. Converted to US dollars we pay 9.88$ / gallon here in Germany right now.
Ok, but how would you feel if it went up 50% in the last 6 months? Oh wait, since you're trying to get off Russian energy, that's probably gonna happen.

I was paying $1.99 a gallon for diesel less than four years ago.
It depends on where in the country we are too. They charge a lot more for diesel in our part of the country than in others. It's not necessarily demand that causes the difference, I think it's the suppliers.

In the EU we were paying about 4x as much several years ago. They sell it by the liter. At least they can get small diesels with manual transmissions that get good mileage and are fun to drive.

My primary vehicle is a diesel. I live in Texas where fuel costs should be one of the lowest in the country. I'm officially paying over $5 now.

In your view.
Yes. The tax holiday lasts for only 3 months, and the $90M lost will be taken from the $500M surplus transportation fund, which they wanted to use for infrastructure projects, so now it's $410M (which ain't a lot of money when you're talking about fixing roads & bridges anyway.) Whack-a-mole.

Actually it DID happen, the very instant Russia attacked Ukraine. 50%+ in the last 2 months...

But honestly. It is good for the planet if we drive a bit less.
Those kinds of hikes are very difficult for the economy to absorb without causing crazy inflation, because diesel is so important to shipping costs.
It'd be good for the planet to outlaw plastic bags tomorrow, but people can only do so much when it comes to fuel costs. Yeah, people will drive a bit less, many will even cancel summer vacations, which will also have a negative effect on the economy.
This is just crazy. I can't remember when fuel prices rose this fast! It is NOT GOOD, and will be felt all over, is my point.

Converted to US dollars we pay 9.88$ / gallon here in Germany right now.

Beat ya'! $9.19 CDN per gallon of diesel. Regular gasoline is at $6.95 CDN per gallon!

Inflation is being driven by market forces...BULLS*^T! It's being driven by greed!

"Critics accuse Loblaws of profiting from inflation as profits surge by 40%"

Loblaws is a grocery chain, they basically own all the other grocery stores and most of the pharmacies in Canada!

https://www.thestar.com/business/20...ng-from-inflation-as-profits-surge-by-40.html

One reason diesel is higher in the US is we are exporting diesel to Europe as fast as we can fill tankers.

Back
Top Bottom