Just received used AX8 - no sound

BruddaBru

This is my first time owning a Fractal product. I borrowed an AX8 from a friend last week and LOVED it! Worked great, no problems. I found one on Reverb in mint condition, bought it and just got it today...no sound through my powered speaker. Same gear/connections as the one I borrowed, the meters show input level, VU meters show input, all of the blocks are connected, but no sound. Any ideas? Thanks!

The previous owner may have setup a volume control somewhere? All presets are not working? Factory presets, or user stuff? Have you done any global resetting? Can you contact the previous owner for help? Does the internal VU meter show any output?

Not sure if pictured meter measures input or output. I did find 2 presets in banks 62 and 64 which produced sound, but only the direct signal, even though there are amps, cabs, and effects in the grids. I haven’t done any global resetting. The previous owner said he didn’t do anything out of the ordinary and that it worked great for him.

Attachments

• 443FB808-5D8E-4D83-A6A0-F82CFC8262EA.jpeg
    443FB808-5D8E-4D83-A6A0-F82CFC8262EA.jpeg
    519.2 KB · Views: 13
Not sure if pictured meter measures input or output. I did find 2 presets in banks 62 and 64 which produced sound, but only the direct signal, even though there are amps, cabs, and effects in the grids. I haven’t done any global resetting. The previous owner said he didn’t do anything out of the ordinary and that it worked great for him.

Post a preset that doesn’t work + a screenshot of AX8 Edit block chain. If a handful of presets do work it’s likely not a unit malfunction.

You could also start with a preset that works and build off that, if sound stops at any point when you’re changing something then you may have found the culprit. Using AX8 Edit software is far more easy to edit than using just the AX8 itself at first.

Well, they don't call us newbs for nothing...the AX8 I borrowed previously was wired into a pedalboard, and I just ran a 1/4 inch out from the effects loop and it worked fine, so I figured it'd work for this one just as well. I noticed in my unit that the 2 presets that produced unprocessed sound both had diagonal shunts leading into FXL...after seeing that I thought I'd try the XLR out, and glorious tone emerged! Thanks for your help guys.

Back
Top Bottom