Just Received My FC-12

Bulldog50

Inspired
This device is a little more complicated than I thought. Hookup was a breeze (1 XLR Cable), but there are so many options this might take me a week to understand1/2 of it. Other than the complexity, I guess I am pleased as everything seems to be working as advertised. The only problem is the user. Yes, I am reading the effing manual. There are some good videos also on You Tube. I'll make, eventually.

Just received mine too! Only difference is, my number hasn’t come up yet on the waitlist for the III. Haha. Looking forward to it though! @2112 - he’s got some awesome videos out there if you haven’t seen them. I’ve been watching over and over in preparation.

Just received mine too! Only difference is, my number hasn’t come up yet on the waitlist for the III. Haha. Looking forward to it though! @2112 - he’s got some awesome videos out there if you haven’t seen them. I’ve been watching over and over in preparation.
I have subscribed to Leon's videos for the past two years. He is great, but sometimes he is way over my head. Also Cooper Carter is also great. I bought his class for the AXE FX III.

i think the hardest part with any footswitch is deciding what you want it to do.
I bought it mainly to change presets without having to take my hands off the guitar, also to use the looper function for the same reason. I don't gig, I am a basement player, but yes, I will have to figure out the best use for my particular situation.

i think the hardest part with any footswitch is deciding what you want it to do.

Definitely. That’s why before I took the plunge I went through my set lists and thought about what sounds and effects I’d need in songs. I mapped them out to figure out the most efficient use of pedals for the way I was thinking. For me that ended up being scenes so that became my default layout to have on my FC-6.

I bought it mainly to change presets without having to take my hands off the guitar, also to use the looper function for the same reason. I don't gig, I am a basement player, but yes, I will have to figure out the best use for my particular situation.
This device is a little more complicated than I thought. Hookup was a breeze (1 XLR Cable), but there are so many options this might take me a week to understand1/2 of it. Other than the complexity, I guess I am pleased as everything seems to be working as advertised. The only problem is the user. Yes, I am reading the effing manual. There are some good videos also on You Tube. I'll make, eventually.
I've had mine for about a week, and yes, it is a deep beast. Lots of power but you have to really digest the manual(s). And I agree that thinking how you want to use the unit is key to wrapping your head around the programming. The software editor is a bit clunky in terms of figuring out what you are actually changing on which unit. I've finished the FM3 manual and am now on the FC manual, which I think I will probably read twice. For now I set up 5 presets on the top row and 5 scenes on the bottom row, with footswitches 6 and 12 as inc/dec presets +5 and -5. I have the FM3 footswitches dedicated to tap tempo, tuner, and drive. Not using the hold feature yet but I'm sure I will. Hang in there and just spend time with it. You can also go back to the factory settings, no one will die.

There's a default layout for Presets and another for Looper.

I would start there and you should be rocking in short order.

I also received my FC-12 yesterday. To be honest, I was not fully aware of the all the features because I was not planning to buy one originally. The FC-12 came with the AXE-FX III I ordered on Reverb and I am blown away. This unit is so much more flexible and user friendly than the MFC-101.

To echo @chris , the hardest part is indeed figuring out what you need and want to control. I have started with a 'per-preset' layout to try out different setups before changing the default layouts. This might also be a good approach for you?

I've had mine for about a week, and yes, it is a deep beast. Lots of power but you have to really digest the manual(s). And I agree that thinking how you want to use the unit is key to wrapping your head around the programming. The software editor is a bit clunky in terms of figuring out what you are actually changing on which unit. I've finished the FM3 manual and am now on the FC manual, which I think I will probably read twice. For now I set up 5 presets on the top row and 5 scenes on the bottom row, with footswitches 6 and 12 as inc/dec presets +5 and -5. I have the FM3 footswitches dedicated to tap tempo, tuner, and drive. Not using the hold feature yet but I'm sure I will. Hang in there and just spend time with it. You can also go back to the factory settings, no one will die.
I have not figured out how to set up individual preset for each button. What I am seeing is the FC-12 mimics what's on the AXE FX III. I know if I change my presets on AXE Edit, the will show up on the FC. Other than that, I do not know what to do.

can you explain what this means?
What I am saying is I don't know how to select an individual preset on the FC without going to AXE EDIT or going to to the AXE FXI III itself. The FC seems to just re-display what is on the AXE FX III or on AXE Edit. For instance, if I am on Bank 1 of Presets, how to do I select a different individual preset for Button 1 unless I do it from AXE Edit or on the AXE FX III?

What I am saying is I don't know how to select an individual preset on the FC without going to AXE EDIT or going to to the AXE FXI III itself. The FC seems to just re-display what is on the AXE FX III or on AXE Edit. For instance, if I am on Bank 1 of Presets, how to do I select a different individual preset for Button 1 unless I do it from AXE Edit or on the AXE FX III?
you can change what is assigned to the switch using the Setup > FC > EZ page, or the FC Controllers page in Axe-Edit. you would change it to show a specific preset number, not a "Preset in Bank", the default.

Thanks for trying to help, but I cannot seem to see how to do that in either of your recommendations. Not seeing an EZ Page on the AXE in Setup/FC. Also not seeing exactly how to change anything in AXE Edit by clicking on the FC Controllers button.

There's a default layout for Presets and another for Looper.

I would start there and you should be rocking in short order.

Ok I'll bite. Mine came totally empty. Only thing I can do is engage the master layout but even then the screens are empty so I don't get it. Master layout only gives me a way to select other layouts but each layout is empty. I built a looper layout myself, had no other choice. Would have loved to see the defaults to get ideas.

Lynn

Ok I'll bite. Mine came totally empty. Only thing I can do is engage the master layout but even then the screens are empty so I don't get it. Master layout only gives me a way to select other layouts but each layout is empty. I built a looper layout myself, had no other choice. Would have loved to see the defaults to get ideas.

Lynn
Did you load the default layouts? There is a procedure to set it up initially. :)

Lynn
On the Axe front panel, press Home, then E for setup, then hit enter on the FC menu. Page right all the way to Load Default Layouts, choose FC12 or FC6, and press enter.

Back
Top Bottom