Just purchased a II XL+

sko1270

Hey all,

I just ordered an XL+ with a mfc-101 off of ebay. I had an fm3 for a week but returned it. I am now on the III waitlist but that seems like it might be a while so I purchased the II for now. I just hope the II stock presets are almost as good as the fm3's. lol
But I have a question about firmware and presets. If the unit is at ares 2 can I only download presets made on 2 from axe change? I am also assuming that is the site where most people download presets.

Thanks in advance,

You are correct: you can only use Axe II presets from AxeChange. You can’t use a III preset on a II.

AxeChange is not the only place to get presets. There is the II preset forum and preset vendors like @Moke and @austinbuddy sell great presets for the II.

You are correct: you can only use Axe II presets from AxeChange. You can’t use a III preset on a II.

AxeChange is not the only place to get presets. There is the II preset forum and preset vendors like @Moke and @austinbuddy sell great presets for the II.
Great! thanks for the response. i did not think i could use III presets on II. i just wanted to make sure I could use any II preset on the latest II firmware no matter which II firmware it was created on.

Great! thanks for the response. i did not think i could use III presets on II. i just wanted to make sure I could use any II preset on the latest II firmware no matter which II firmware it was created on.

Yes you can do that. I have found that anything I get off of AxeChange needs tweaking as sounds change over firmwares as well as my setup being different from that of the person who posted the preset.

Hey all,

I just ordered an XL+ with a mfc-101 off of ebay. I had an fm3 for a week but returned it. I am now on the III waitlist but that seems like it might be a while so I purchased the II for now. I just hope the II stock presets are almost as good as the fm3's. lol
But I have a question about firmware and presets. If the unit is at ares 2 can I only download presets made on 2 from axe change? I am also assuming that is the site where most people download presets.

Thanks in advance,
Congrats. You are going to love the 2 XL + even though the 3 is more advanced. The 2 xl + has a lot of power and Ares 2 update really made it sing. You may want to check out some after market IR's. This made all the difference in the world for my sound. There are many to pick from but the packs sold on the Fractal sight are a good start. Not that there are not already good impuls responces in the machine but I found that there are better ones out there especially for high gain.

Back
Top Bottom