Just pulled the trigger - very spontaneous

raccoon

Experienced
I got my FM3 over 2 years now and using it at rehearsal, recording and soon at first gig with it.
I really like the form-factor and got it working with additional MIDI switchtes and Expression Pedal for my use.
But I found out that I may want a bit more CPU to create my kitchen-sink preset for my use without compromises.
And I am confident that the onboard switches of the FM9 will lead to get rid of the additional midi-switches.
So FM9 and Pedal, thats all I need.
I've just ordered a B-Stock FM9 Turbo at G66 a few minutes ago and when arrived and set-up, I may will sell my FM3 to get some money back.
Now waiting for delivery with anticipation :) ...and ok.... a bit bad conscience because of spending this amount of money again :eek:

Congrats on that! I love my FM9 and am hardly giving my AxeFX3 much attention because of it! You will definitely be very satisfied with spending you hard earned cash on the FM9!

I am pretty sure, because I've never regreted the money I've spent for the FM3.
And now, after some experience with it, I am sure that the FM9 is the next logical stept for me and my use.
An FXIII would only be a nice to have in addition and no need and I only would buy one for home or recording use and not for rehersal or gigs if money would not be a problem and using the FM3/9 for rehersal or gigs.

Sold all my Amps and rack gear over the past years waiting for the FM9 to start shipping again, and my name to come up. Arrived just before Christmas 2022 and no regrets in selling off the gear... Great product!

Finally I can grab the FM9 at UPS Access-Point this evening.
It was already at my region 50km away at Wednesday Morning and UPS couldn't handle to deliver.
I phoned with UPS at friday (after several announcements of delivery time which were all not performed) and shifted the delivery to an Access-Point 11km from my home and it has arrived today (as far I can trust the messages from UPS).
At my region its always a pain in the ass, getting goods via UPS.
And I was at Home-Office the complete last week and have my place direct behind a window with sight to my door and the street.
So no way to miss a delivery attempt.
May at other regions it works fine. But not here.

First impression of FM9 is great.
I recognize that swichting of presets and scenes is smoother and the additional buttons working great.
Tried initial layout and the preinstalled OFM9G layout.
I will adapt the OFM9G a little bit for my use and think this is all I need.
And that the Gift of Tone presets are already there is cool.
I will make an additonal backup of my FM3 presets.
I have changed some things at last rehersal.
Then I will reorganize the FM9 presets and Cabs with my own and for my use.
But it may take time, because of parallel tasks in the moment.
Got an old Zeck 15/3 from my bass-player, that I want to rebuild with 2 Fane Sovereign 250TC.
Ordered 2 flange wall mounts for my FRFRs, because want to get rid of the tripods in my room to get more space.
And other stuff...
And I have to practice a little bit for our first gig after neraly exact 3 years at 25th this month, at same location :sweatsmile:

Finally done my backup of FM3 and moved the presets and user-cabs to FM9.
Done my settings of device and my layout I want - adapted the OFM9G for my use.
Performed Firmware-Update to 4.01.

But at first try I had issues with FM9 recognized by laptop (Windows at the moment, MAC will follow).
Connected the FM9 an the device-manager recognized it. (Actual USB Firmware is preinstalled)
Installed driver - device vanished an no connection to driver utility ord FM9 Edit.
Got the idea that may the FM3 drivers causing issues and removed them - no change.
Reconntected the FM9 - no change. (and tried different USB ports and cables)
Yes - done reboots of Windows.
Removed driver, reconnect FM9 - visible in device-manager again.
Installed driver again - vanished and no connection.
Read in forum here about same issue from other users.
Simply switched the FM9 off and on, still connected - working now ?!
With FM3 I had not this behaviour.
But now its woking.

I can only speak for myself, but i kept both when i got the FM9 :)

The FM9 is mainly used in my studio and the FM3 for jam sessions and travelling. The form factor is just perfect :) For bigger gigs i am all in with the FM9. I really would like to sell my FM3 to get some money back, but the form factor is just neat <3

Sure, I would, if I got the money extra.
But I've actually got my FM3 here for sale in the forum.
I've bought a guitar too and need money for other stuff I have to pay.

Last edited:
Reactions: smp
I hope it's not the G.A.S. :D

Hopefully the FM3 sells well. It is a very good entry level unit for Fractal newbies. In Germany used units are sold pretty fast.

It seems that member here right now is buying it.
And it will leave Germany.

No G.A.S.
But gas and electricity and other stuff that costs a lot more since war in East of Europe.
But I will not complain because people there have really more serious problems then raised gas-invoices.

Reactions: smp
Back
Top Bottom