Just pre-ordered my AxeFx-II, in the USA!!! Yesssssssssssssssssss :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave them information last week. They are probably as sick as I am of dealing with impatient customers.

Lol...didn't see this post!

I can't speak for anyone else, but it has nothing to do with patience...in this case its about trying to figure out what's going on...what to expect. Like Brad said in his message to me..."you paid your money and you deserve to be in the loop". Fractal has changed several things over the last few weeks...I'm just wondering if dealer supply is one of them?

I don't mean any disrespect, and I'm not whining or complaining about anything...but your post is somewhat vague. What does "information" mean? Are you saying that you gave TM a shipping date last week and that they must just be blowing us off because we are all impatient? Cause I didn't get that impression from them at all. If you say you gave them a date then by all means I'll go ask them again.

Thank you for your response, I'm sorry I missed it till now.

Yeah, this seems to have backfired a little bit on me...

okay-face-%28n1299530375611%29.jpg

I just phoned Fractal Audio and inquired about when Tone Merchants should be expecting their first shipment, and was told two things:

1) I am looking at a few more weeks.
2) I should really call Tone Merchants about this and not Fractal Audio.

Seriously?

Seems to me that Tone Merchants was right with their 30-60 day projection, and most definitely is in the loop, and amended their statement to play damage control. That's just my two cents though. As far as calling Tone Merchants instead of Fractal Audio, I can see where that should be appropriate. The way I see it now though is neither party is going to say anything about how long it really is going to be. This is all just purely me conjecturing though. I could be totally wrong and way off base, which I really hope I am.

Cliff, I am sorry if you find this offensive, ban worthy or deletable. It's just the lack of communication that has my feathers a bit ruffled right now.

So you're angry because TM told you 30-60 days and that estimate was accurate? You asked for information, got correct information but you're still pissed off. Makes perfect sense.

So you're angry because TM told you 30-60 days and that estimate was accurate? You asked for information, got correct information but you're still pissed off. Makes perfect sense.

No, I am aggravated because the waiting list was sold with the idea that they would receive their units at the same time that you started shipping the units. That is clearly not the case now.

How is any of that fractals fault? It's not as if they told you TM was going to get their units at the same time as fractal(which is a ridiculous claim anyways when fractal builds them and ships them to TM), TM told you that, if you want to be aggravated with someone it should be TM

How is any of that fractals fault? It's not as if they told you TM was going to get their units at the same time as fractal(which is a ridiculous claim anyways when fractal builds them and ships them to TM), TM told you that, if you want to be aggravated with someone it should be TM

As the "West Coast Extension" of Fractal Audio, I expect anything they say, in regards to Fractal Audio, to have some worth. If what they said was not correct, Fractal Audio should have came forward and said otherwise, IMO.

Why is that rediculous? The manufacturer makes units, sends them to their dealers EARLY, and then, on release day, everyone has units to sell...maybe I'm used to bigger corporations or something, but that doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Maybe TM spoke incorrectly when they said they were going to have units at the same time as Fractal did, maybe they were told that by Fractal and thats why they said it...idk...but either way it didn't happen and that's fine, if Fractal is confirming that it'll be a few weeks yet till TM gets their units then so be it...but this is the first I'm hearing of it as I was expecting them to have their second shipment around this week...as was TM when they started taking orders...

There's nothing to be upset about, just seems no one knows what to expect anymore...at least that's how it seems from my POV...

Obviously the problem is that Cliff is taking advantage of being able to sell at the $2599 price on the Yahoo store .
He has to honor the $2199 price to the Tone Merchant customers and to G66 in Europe.
The longer he holds off on supplying TM and G66 and the Fractal waiting list peeps, the longer he gets to sell at $2599.
Is this not obvious to you people??

Obviously the problem is that Cliff is taking advantage of being able to sell at the $2599 price on the Yahoo store .
He has to honor the $2199 price to the Tone Merchant customers and to G66 in Europe.
The longer he holds off on supplying TM and G66 and the Fractal waiting list peeps, the longer he gets to sell at $2599.
Is this not obvious to you people??

It's also obvious that if so it will be a slap on your business partners' face. So to me, it's unlikely the reason for the delay.

As the "West Coast Extension" of Fractal Audio, I expect anything they say, in regards to Fractal Audio, to have some worth. If what they said was not correct, Fractal Audio should have came forward and said otherwise, IMO.
Consider for a moment that FAS does only direct sales in the US, with the sole exception of TM. AFAIK, Cliff is so ecstatic about TM that he never wanted to sign up another partner, but other possibilities spring to mind. ;)

I wouldn't assume too much about the relationship, and I would never expect FAS to take responsibility for issuing corrections for TM. Perhaps you are suffering from a bout of wishful thinking...

Why is that rediculous? The manufacturer makes units, sends them to their dealers EARLY, and then, on release day, everyone has units to sell...maybe I'm used to bigger corporations or something, but that doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Maybe TM spoke incorrectly when they said they were going to have units at the same time as Fractal did, maybe they were told that by Fractal and thats why they said it...idk...but either way it didn't happen and that's fine, if Fractal is confirming that it'll be a few weeks yet till TM gets their units then so be it...but this is the first I'm hearing of it as I was expecting them to have their second shipment around this week...as was TM when they started taking orders...

There's nothing to be upset about, just seems no one knows what to expect anymore...at least that's how it seems from my POV...

It's ridiculous because this doesn't happen in the music gear industry, with anyone. I can't think of a single company doing this in music gear.

Consider for a moment that FAS does only direct sales in the US, with the sole exception of TM. AFAIK, Cliff is so ecstatic about TM that he never wanted to sign up another partner, but other possibilities spring to mind. ;)

I wouldn't assume too much about the relationship, and I would never expect FAS to take responsibility for issuing corrections for TM. Perhaps you are suffering from a bout of wishful thinking...

Cliff did correct two earlier statements TM had made. One was regarding when it would be available, Tone Merchant's had said it would be 30-60 days before it would be released by Fractal after Cliff had stated around June 6th. Cliff reiterated that it would be June 6 (though in fairness he did not say that TM would have it then, TM made that claim) in response to someone asking for clarification.

The other was when TM said it would definitely ship with the Cameron model. Cliff said that it was going to be modeled, but there was no guarantee it would be ready by release and may be part of a firmware update. So it's not as if there is no precedent for Cliff correcting TM's mistakes.

Last edited:
The first batch was shipped today. We are AHEAD of schedule on this shipment so I have no idea what people are complaining about.

It's also obvious that if so it will be a slap on your business partners' face. So to me, it's unlikely the reason for the delay.

Cliff stated on The Gear Page that he shipped 100 Axefx2 units last week.
Tone Merchants got none.
Because of the sales at $2599 on Yahoo, Tone Merchant customers at $2199 are really just on a waiting list like we have here but with a little more urgency because they gave deposits.

Last edited:
The first batch was shipped today. We are AHEAD of schedule on this shipment so I have no idea what people are complaining about.
They are complaining because you have all the Axe-fx 2's and they don't... ;) :D

Either way... it's a bit comical that the first post was a "haha I got to pre-order one so now I'm gonna get one before you..." and now folks have gotten theirs before the TM pre-order and some folks are a bit upset... no biggie... I can almost guarantee that by the time Quetzalcoatl returns... everyone who can afford an Axe-fx 2 will have an Axe-fx 2...

Lol, see, now that's a good post right there!

Maybe there is some confusion about when things were expected and what not, but I appreciate this post...thank you for the info!

Tone Merchants got none.
Because of the sales at $2599 on Yahoo, Tone Merchant customers at $2199 are really just on a waiting list like we have here but with a little more urgency because they gave deposits.

Nope. It's different. There is no contract between FAS and those on FAS waiting list. But for those on TM's list, there are legal agreements there.

Considering I called your office today and was told at least a few more weeks before they ship, I would sum up everyone's main complaint as a lack of communication. That is awesome that they shipped out today though. :)

They are complaining because you have all the Axe-fx 2's and they don't... ;) :D

Either way... it's a bit comical that the first post was a "haha I got to pre-order one so now I'm gonna get one before you..." and now folks have gotten theirs before the TM pre-order and some folks are a bit upset... no biggie... I can almost guarantee that by the time Quetzalcoatl returns... everyone who can afford an Axe-fx 2 will have an Axe-fx 2...

For the record(again) I didn't start this thread to brag, I started it to help out interested forumites. ;) I have received quite a bit of PM's thanking me for sharing this, so not all was for naught. Now that is cleared up, you may continue about your smart ass ways. :)

Tone Merchants got none.

OR it took them a week of full production to put the order together.

Honestly, Brad's claims on rig talk about availability "as soon as fractal corporate" didn't pass the sniff test. Can't see how it's fractal's responsibility to monitor every Internet forum and correct any possible exaggeration or misstatement. Besides, it's not anyone's place to tell someone else how to run their business. (ahem) how would getting into a public squabble with TM be of any benefit to Fractal??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom