Just Picked Up One of These

When I was a teenager, I rarely bought records/tapes because my buddy next door would get them the day they came out. I would give him a blank tape and be happy! Wear it out and make a new one.

Fast forward twenty something years
Insert "Amp" here

You need to stack them all up outside and take a picture, this would be priceless. On one side would be the stacked up amps and on the other side one axe fx II, showing what that black box is replacing.

No, I don't want fractal to get too successful. Then it gets sold to Fender China and Cliff goes to some perfect island getaway without wifi and this forum becomes a 'remember when Cliff used to listen to users and we got upgrades all the time...,"

No, I don't think we need any great ad campaigns!

No, I don't want fractal to get too successful. Then it gets sold to Fender China and Cliff goes to some perfect island getaway without wifi and this forum becomes a 'remember when Cliff used to listen to users and we got upgrades all the time...,"

No, I don't think we need any great ad campaigns!

1. Sold to China: Won't happen.

2. Who needs to move amps? Pay someone with a modicum of photoshop capability, and it can be done in 17 minutes. But yeah...what an ad campaign (except getting authorization to feature their amps from all those amp makers...would just NOT happen!)

I know there are several FAS model amps in the selection now. Are there any outside vendors working on AFX-only models?

Man I cant wait to get to hear this! I talked to Scott a while back about building me one but the turnaround time for it was a little longer than I wanted to wait.

I don't have a favorite. I rarely use them except for testing purposes. I much prefer playing through the Axe-Fx.

That's how I feel. As much as I love my amps, getting them to do what I really want them to do is always at THEIR favorite volume. I want to play however loud I want to play, into whatever I want and the Axe gives me that in spades. In many cases it's easier to make the Axe touch responsive in the way I want than it is the amp. Who would've thought? Well, obviously, Cliff, but not me.

I'd fly up there and move 'em on my dime just to see em all together. That would be a once in a lifetime photo op! Just say the word....

Hulk - is that you ???
Not to long ago I moved my studio/rehearsal space, and thus personally carried 11 heads, 6 cabs and 4 combos from a studio on the first floor into the car and then unloaded them at another studio facility at ground level. Took 3 stints to move it.
I'm young(-ish) and in decent shape physically - still my back, shoulders and arms were killing me for days - so be careful what you wish for with 42 amps and Cliff knows how many cabs.......just saying

Reactions: jon
I don't have a favorite. I rarely use them except for testing purposes. I much prefer playing through the Axe-Fx.

I'm with you Cliff :)..The other day I fired up my Splawn Stack to check if I'm not mistaken using Axe Fx...No way ! Back to amp closet at my studio LOL :)

Man I cant wait to get to hear this! I talked to Scott a while back about building me one but the turnaround time for it was a little longer than I wanted to wait.

I was waitng for mine 9 months ! Still use it for some recordings at studio and some gigs..Sounds great anyway..

That's how I feel. As much as I love my amps, getting them to do what I really want them to do is always at THEIR favorite volume. I want to play however loud I want to play, into whatever I want and the Axe gives me that in spades. In many cases it's easier to make the Axe touch responsive in the way I want than it is the amp. Who would've thought? Well, obviously, Cliff, but not me.

I think Cliff has made it apparent that mathematics makes anything possible. This thing truly is a dream machine. Can't wait to try this amp sim out :)

We share this in common. I only use the one tube amp I have for testing new pedal builds. I much prefer playing through my AxeFX II.

Back
Top Bottom