• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Just Ordered What Do I Need?

jw3571

Inspired
Just ordered my Axe and MFC. I know I need XLR cables that go from the Axe to the monitors, but what do I need to hook up the MFC with?

Rex

Legend!
1) Most monitors can connect just fine with plain old guitar cables. No need to shell out for XLRs if you don't have them.

2) If you ordered brand new Axe and MFC, an XLR cable will hook those two up.

3) You pretty much have to have a guitar. :)

s0c9

You'll need to stock up on food, snacks, toiletries and change of clothes.
Let your significant other know you'll be gone a while, and kiss your kids goodbye (if you have any).
Tell them you'll see them in a couple of weeks when you've got thru the presets!! ;)

Sleestak

Power User
Great, I didn't realize you can do XLR's on the MFC. Thanks
With the MFC-101 Mk III, and the current build of the AxeFX, the communication protocol between the two units is "faslink", and uses a single XLR cable for bidirectional communication. It's very handy, and is stable over fairly long distances. I use a 35 foot XLR cable and it works perfectly.

Top Bottom