Just ordered my AX8

der_cake

It's finally happening!

Can't wait to get my hands on this thing and see what it does for myself. I've already learned a lot here on the forums, and I've even saved some of y'alls presets that sounded like they might be interesting. I'll report back when it arrives

It's finally happening!

Can't wait to get my hands on this thing and see what it does for myself. I've already learned a lot here on the forums, and I've even saved some of y'alls presets that sounded like they might be interesting. I'll report back when it arrives

Congrats! How long were you on the wait list?

Congrats! How long were you on the wait list?
I think just like two months, not terrible! And it kinda worked out for me financially

I ordered last night and I got a shipment notification when I woke up this morning, so hopefully it'll be here soon!

I've been geeking out watching videos, reading the manual and firmware release notes, and all signs point to awesomeness

Congrats! Just got mine Monday - I feel like a kid once again for sure. I did the same thing which helped once the unit came in. AX8 Edit is great, the HW UI is a bit getting used to. Presets and shared presets from forum are great. Honestly, I try to divide time between playing with AX8 edit and just playing guitar. You can get sidetracked easily with the "what if I tweak this" and/or "what about this amp".

I just ordered one as well. It should be here Tuesday. I have used two other big name modeler/profilers. This is my first dive into Fractal Audio. I am excited as well. Especially after seeing Brit Floyd use AXFX live. I am waiting to order and Expression Pedal. I have a Mission Engineering Line 6 labeled expression pedal that I am not using. I want to see if it will work first. I am afraid it might be reverse wired. I do not know if the AX8 has polarity options for expression pedals. A lot of questions will be answered next week.

Congratulations! I just got mine a few minutes ago. I am also getting a Helix. I am only keeping one but am excited to demo both!

I just ordered one as well. It should be here Tuesday. I have used two other big name modeler/profilers. This is my first dive into Fractal Audio. I am excited as well. Especially after seeing Brit Floyd use AXFX live. I am waiting to order and Expression Pedal. I have a Mission Engineering Line 6 labeled expression pedal that I am not using. I want to see if it will work first. I am afraid it might be reverse wired. I do not know if the AX8 has polarity options for expression pedals. A lot of questions will be answered next week.
I feel ya about the questions. I have a ton too, but I'm learning little by little as I just play around with AX8-Edit. Next time I get paid I'm gonna get a Dunlop Volume (x) Mini as an expression pedal and a Temple Audio Duo 24 to mount it all on! Should be a really clean little rig

I feel ya about the questions. I have a ton too, but I'm learning little by little as I just play around with AX8-Edit. Next time I get paid I'm gonna get a Dunlop Volume (x) Mini as an expression pedal and a Temple Audio Duo 24 to mount it all on! Should be a really clean little rig

So did you get you AX8?

It's finally happening!

Bro.... you are going to love it be patient and take the time to learn and let your ears guide you... too the perfect sound

Watch out for the Dumble ODS-100. I dialed that in last week for a clean on the edge of breaking up tone on the X and a lead on Y and I can't get myself to get off that patch and even try anything else. I'm so enamored with about a dozen of the amp models, I haven't even tried well over half of the available amps in the three months I've had it. YMMV, depending on your musical tastes, but I expect you'll find at least a few that can launch you into orbit. To get back: Just remember: The Third Stone from the Sun. :kissingclosed:

Last edited:
Helix is here as well now. First thing is AX8 getting it setup and comparing it to my analog rig.
I have found the AX8 to be outstanding in sound and not too bad with UI. I was able to replicate my Egnater Pres with ease. FX's are great and I love the dials for the Amp section. I also got a Helix and I have to say I am really pleased with that as well. The UI and screen scribble scripts, additional I/O options as well as IR creating and out of the box ease of use as well as design is amazing. I made a decision over the weekend and kept the Helix. Though I did really like the AX8 compactness and sound but found the Helix more to my liking. However please do not use my opinion as a reason not to own a AX8! If I could afford both I would have both or if anything an AX FXII for the studio. Both are really great devices. The Fractal Forum and Support is the best out there from my reading. I think you will love your AX8.

Still waiting. Bad past is that if it isn't here in an hour or so I won't be able to play until tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom