Just ordered mine!

Crandles

Well after several years of being interested in the Axe Fx I finally got around to purchasing one and I'm super excited to get it. How long does it usually take to ship? Is there anything I should immediately check out? I've already cleared my schedule so I shouldn't have anything interfering while we get acquainted.

You won't be dissapointed. This nice thing about the AXE FX II, especially with the latest firmware, most of the patches are usable right out of the box, unlike the Ultra that frustrated me. Play with it! Read the manual! The downside right now is that there is no AXE EDIT ...

My advice is to buy the MFC-101!

I use the Yamaha DSR-115 ...

+1 on the getting the MFC-101 (if it's in your budget).

I'm new to MIDI so I didn't want any limiting compromises. Although you can use other (less expensive) controllers, the AXE & MFC are designed to work together. That's how I justified it anyway.

Congrats on your purchase. You're in for an awesome ride. :)

::Greg

Congrats. Read the manual while you wait, having at least a passing familiarity with the concepts and controls etc will help immensely once you actually sit in front of the unit. Don't forget to eat and sleep, and have fun!

Cheers.

Well after several years of being interested in the Axe Fx I finally got around to purchasing one and I'm super excited to get it. How long does it usually take to ship? Is there anything I should immediately check out? I've already cleared my schedule so I shouldn't have anything interfering while we get acquainted.

All angst over AxEdit aside, it is very instructive IMO to download any version of AxEdit onto your computer/laptop and mess around with it explore routing options and features and what-have-you. No AxeFx is needed in order to use the software for noodling around. Until the NEW AxEdit is released, I wouldn't use an old version with your new AxeFxII for creating any presets (though it should be still fine for making backups and downloading new firmware IMO). Also, read the AxeFxII Wiki and manual to fully understand BASIC use of the AxeFx, and especially if you plan on doing any "deep exploration" with creating complex preset routings, using scenes, MIDI controllers, etc.

Something to keep an open mind about that I still struggle to grasp...I assumed, and without a conscious effort, continue to try to add additional rack gear to supplement the AXE II. I kept an audio switcher with pedals in front of the AXE and added a processor in the loop and the more I tweak with tones the more I come to realize that it can basically do everything I need it to do and all it needs is the MFC and a monitoring system. I chose the Matrix and passive EV speakers. Sure beats lugging around a 16 space shock rack with unnecessary gear.

Congrats! Youll be stoned hahaha and welcome on board.

Yes that's right all the tube-head purist wil pummel you with pebbles of disdain :)

Or the axe fxII and its sounds will effect you in such an amazing way that they will actually alter your state and your eyes will redden and squint, you may get paranoid that everyone will want your black box of beauty ( side effects may also include a strong desire to eat and dry mouth, short term memory loss, difficulty in getting out of bed...) :)

You are going to love it... AWESOME AwEsOmE awesome box of tricks! As much as it would be nice to have an MFC I'm doing ok on a cheap midi controller - one day :)

Have fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shipping in the US is fast......they got it out next day after payment and as I'm close to NH it took 2days by UPS ground
ordered on the 22 december and got it on the 27

Shipping in the US is fast......they got it out next day after payment and as I'm close to NH it took 2days by UPS ground
ordered on the 22 december and got it on the 27

Yeah I ordered mine yesterday morning and it shipped that day and should be here tomorrow!

I've been looking through the manual and found it pretty well written (I also come from a DSP engineering background so that might have been why). Reading it is what finally got me to make the decision.

you're right, there is a lot of reading to do but its worth it, we all have our expectations and there are so many parameters, not just the settings but also wiring options.
after 2 weeks on it, I'm slowly making progress toward the sounds I was looking for. The forum here is a precious tool.

Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) I don't have an active internet connection at home. What things would it be useful for me to download from the site so I have access to them later?

Provided they update it to the latest FW before shipping it to you (and they probably have), you have what you really need to start using it. If you want to connect it to a PC/Mac, you'll want to DL the drivers from the main site and have them at hand. Apart from that, what I'm using so far (had my Axe for 2 1/2 weeks) is a Midi SysEx utility to transfer patches that I DL from the AxeChange, and some Cab IRs I've bought from Ownhammer and Redwirez along with the MixIR utility for use in my DAW. You probably won't need these the first few days tho :) Gratz on yor choice btw, I'm absolutely loving the Axe myself!

If you have an Ipad, getting Lemur to use Scrutinizer's Axe template is one of the best things you can do. There's nothing, not even Axe Edit, that gives easier, more intuitive control of the vast array of parameters available.

If no Ipad, I totally agree with the idea of getting Axe Edit and using it to visualize what's in the box. There's so much under the hood that an overview can be difficult to grasp just from the front panel. On the other hand, it's great to get your hands on and edit from the front panel because it's always useful to understand how all that works, even if you're using the new (and hopefully soon released;-) Axe Edit more often.

Back
Top Bottom