Just ordered Fishman Fluence Pickups!

pharmd07

Experienced
So I just ordered a set of Fishman Fluence pickups for my Carvin Bolt (strat copy). Sigler Music has a great deal in which they mount the pickups into a pickguard and wire them up for you for essentially the cost of the pickups. Not a bad deal! All you have to do is connect the output jack in your guitar and the ground wires, load up your new pickgard/pickups, and rock out!

I'm excited. The guy who designed these pickups, Frank Falbo, seems like a fascinating fellow. I listened to the Chasing Tone podcasts in which he was the guest.

The pickups have 2 different voices. The first voice is classic 50's single coils, and the other voice is the overwound Texas Special kind of sound.

I'll post clips once they're installed!

I plan on changing pickups on one of my American Strats and have been looking at these Fishman’s. That 2006 Strat came equipped with Fender vintage style pickups (not Custom Shop), which sound a bit flat. Passive pickups have always been my preference but I too am intrigued by the dual tone possibilities of the Fluence's. Looking forward to your impressions.

So I just ordered a set of Fishman Fluence pickups for my Carvin Bolt (strat copy). Sigler Music has a great deal in which they mount the pickups into a pickguard and wire them up for you for essentially the cost of the pickups. Not a bad deal! All you have to do is connect the output jack in your guitar and the ground wires, load up your new pickgard/pickups, and rock out!

I'm excited. The guy who designed these pickups, Frank Falbo, seems like a fascinating fellow. I listened to the Chasing Tone podcasts in which he was the guest.

The pickups have 2 different voices. The first voice is classic 50's single coils, and the other voice is the overwound Texas Special kind of sound.

I'll post clips once they're installed!
I slipped a set of Fluence into a cheap Squire Strat, and it is now one of my faves. You won't be disappointed, i bet.

I slipped a set of Fluence into a cheap Squire Strat, and it is now one of my faves. You won't be disappointed, i bet.

Sweet! That's great to hear. I'm looking forward to having low noise pickups with multiple voices.

What battery option are you using? Are you using a 9 volt, or the battery that replaces the trem cover?

Back
Top Bottom