Just ordered an ultra!

mgavin

Experienced
Just ordered an ultra today 2/12/11, any guess on how soon i'll get it in the mail? are they in stock now? i'm in minnesota...

if you were able to order it, it was in stock
and i'm gonna guess a week :) is there a prize if we guess right? :D

i'll share some sick patches on the forum if i find some!!! i'm sure i will, i think it's bogus that some people are all secretive about that. that's like not showing someone a guitar riff or something.

I ordered mine on Friday and it shipped the same day. An hour or two after my order, they sent me a tracking number. The order ships from NH. It shows that it should arrive in Texas here on Wednesday if that helps any.

I've noticed that a little too often too with some really good patches. I would be more worried about riffs myself too.

You will not be disappointed. I am going on week 3 and I love my Ultra more each day. I think my wife is jealous. :lol

I ordered mine on Friday and it shipped the same day. An hour or two after my order, they sent me a tracking number. The order ships from NH. It shows that it should arrive in Texas here on Wednesday if that helps any.

I've noticed that a little too often too with some really good patches. I would be more worried about riffs myself too.

I had exactly the same experience. Ordered last Friday, got here by Tuesday. And as far as patches go, I see no reason not to share.

i'll share some sick patches on the forum if i find some!!! i'm sure i will, i think it's bogus that some people are all secretive about that. that's like not showing someone a guitar riff or something.

Congrats on the purchase!
I don't think it's all about being secretive. The variety of gear that people play their AxeFx through is great enough so that d/l'ing others' patches yields different results. There's a lot of patches that sounded great from samples yet it doesn't sound even close when I run it through my setup. Ymmv and all that. :)

Congrats. Mine made it to MN in about 3 business days.

As stated, there's so much flexibility for running the Axe (a good thing imo) that patches may not translate well. There is no lack of sharing knowledge and opinions on these forums, however. Ask and I'll bet you'll receive!

I'm running FRFR through a verve 12ma powered monitor; if you have any interest in auditioning that set-up just shout. Disclaimer: I've only owned the Axe for less than a month so I'm certainly no expert.

cool flying v hit me up on facebook, we can get together this summer sometime, i'm in maplewood, went to hill murray

michael gavin
mcnally smith college of music

Where did you order the Ultra ? I went to the Fractal website and I couldn't order it from there but maybe it's because it's Sunday.

Where did you order the Ultra ? I went to the Fractal website and I couldn't order it from there but maybe it's because it's Sunday.
You can order them any day of the week..but only if they are in stock. I ordered mine on a Sat pm, but it did not ship until Mon.

Take your time and have patience. I've had mine for 8 months, and I am STILL learning! Not only does this unit sound great, it will also teach you a lot about "amp theory" in general.

I've never given up on any new sound. I'm probably a lot older than most people on this site. I am old enough to have seen the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix and hundreds of other bands live. I bought a 68 Marshall Plexi Tremolo full stack when it was brand new, best sound I ever heard. I also bought the first fuzz tone, that's what they were called then, that came around so I could play Yardbirds songs while everyone else was playing motown and Elvis at that time. I have a Roland VG-99 but it's just lacking something so I hope the Ultra has the sound I'm looking for. So I've never been intimidated by new technology, just the opposite.

Back
Top Bottom