Just ordered an Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul

• Thread starter Deleted member 79338
  • Start date
I purchased a Charvel with those Fishmans in it, and returned the guitar. The pickups did not work
for me even a little. I thought maybe it was just me.

Not as modern and tight as EMGs, not as sweet as PAFs. I couldn't figure them out, and why there
are so many being put in guitars, and some great players using and endorsing them.

Be interesting to see what you think of them over time, Chewie. :)
This is exactly my evaluation of the pickups.

Shame as if they took them out, put in some passives so they ere easy to replace, I would say it would have been the perfect guitar.

If I could buy one cheap I would, the. Put the money towards replacing the pickups.

I haven't had chance yet to plug into my Axe Fx...hopefully later tonight I will. The fishman's seem to be so polarizing. Love/hate thing. Not sure how worthwile it'd be for me to replace the pickups/electronics If i just hate the pickups but like the guitar enough. I did that once to an Epi LP custom Pro but i bought it used so the mods were worthwhile

I haven't had chance yet to plug into my Axe Fx...hopefully later tonight I will. The fishman's seem to be so polarizing. Love/hate thing. Not sure how worthwile it'd be for me to replace the pickups/electronics If i just hate the pickups but like the guitar enough. I did that once to an Epi LP custom Pro but i bought it used so the mods were worthwhile
Same position I was in with the pickups. I bought the Epiphone for £600 so it was a bargain but still not worth replacing the pickup. If I would have paid the £800 they were going for, £200- 300 on pickups then the electronics and pots, nearly already paying Gibson prices.

I am curious how the Gibson Modern would feel. My only issue is I like the weight of a Gibson with no relief.

Ideal Gibson for me would be a 24 fret, Asymmetrical Slim Taper Neck with Alnico Pro 2 Humbuckers with no weight relief and no crappy Coil Split and certainly no bloody PCB for the pickups, locking tuners and an lol modern cut for higher frets.

Same position I was in with the pickups. I bought the Epiphone for £600 so it was a bargain but still not worth replacing the pickup. If I would have paid the £800 they were going for, £200- 300 on pickups then the electronics and pots, nearly already paying Gibson prices.

I am curious how the Gibson Modern would feel. My only issue is I like the weight of a Gibson with no relief.

Ideal Gibson for me would be a 24 fret, Asymmetrical Slim Taper Neck with Alnico Pro 2 Humbuckers with no weight relief and no crappy Coil Split and certainly no bloody PCB for the pickups, locking tuners and an lol modern cut for higher frets.
Those are the exact specs I'd be after as well. Damn those PCB's. I dont' care for coil splits either.

Back
Top Bottom