Just ordered an Axe FX 2 XL+, quick question...

Kaiphus281

I am completely new to digital modeling and I am very excited to jump in head first.

So I took the plunge and ordered an Axe FX 2 XL+.

I also ordered a Matrix GT1000FX package that came with a NL212.

My idiot question is this. It appears that both the Axe FX 2 and the Matrix GT100FX have female xlr connections. Am I correct in assuming this? I have noticed that I am only seeing male to female xlr cables and I am thinking I may have to buy an adapter.

Or maybe I have a learning deficiency and I am mistaken. Sorry for the dumb question. I have only had experience with amps that required regular 1/4 guitar cables. Thanks in advance.

Also, the cab isn't frfr, it's a regular guitar cab, but very light. Most people turn off cab sims. Apologies if you already knew this :)
Congratulations on the purchase!!

You can also run regular jacks into the Matrix should you wish - there combi inputs. The AFX main outs have both XLR and Jack sockets (mirrored output).

Also, the cab isn't frfr, it's a regular guitar cab, but very light. Most people turn off cab sims. Apologies if you already knew this :)
Congratulations on the purchase!!

Yes, I am aware that it isn't a FRFR speaker, but thank you. It came down to price. Matrix had a deal for the amp and speaker. I had a 4k budget and the FRFR ended up on the chopping block. Hopefully the NL212 sounds good enough that I will not know what I am missing. Thank you for everyone that responded.

I researched the speaker cables and decided to get the Speakon solution so I didn't pull a bonehead move and accidentally use an instrument cable if I lost track of which cable is what.

You will love yer setup. I use CLRs but considered going the Matrix route as well. :eagerness:

I don’t have any tech advice; I'm just here to offer the usual congratulations. Members of this forum are pretty much universally gleeful to see someone join the fold, because we all know that (just like us) you have absolutely no idea what you’re in for.

It’s glorious, and it just keeps getting better. Do something really, really nice for your SO now, before the Axe arrives, so they’ll be patient with you when you disappear on them. Enjoy!

I use the AXE F/X II XL + with the Matrix GT1000 and a Splawn stereo 4X12 cab. Sounds killer! One thing to remember when using a SS amp like the Matrix... you'l need to have the "Power Amp Simulation" set to "On." You'll probably want "Speaker Simulation" turned off with that cab, but you might want to try it both ways. I run Power Amp Sim "On" and Speaker Sim "Off" for my rig. The nice thing about running it this way is that if you want to record direct to a computer or other device, you can just go into the AXE and globally turn Speaker Sim on. This eliminates the need to delete or bypass cabs in presets when using live with your speaker cab.

Back
Top Bottom