Just my curiosity

GuttaLaser

Power User
This is for Cliff

The Axe is powered by a powerfull processor (or maybe 2... dunno!) ... i think the best in the market now.... and you put in stuff and algorithms and any kind of magic you do!

What if... the power of the processor was x2 or in a multiprocessors system? say x4?

I mean... there are things you know but you can't do because the processing power limit?

The stereo ultra res cabs consume a lot of resources. I have a simple patch with 2 amp blocks, wah, reverb, fx loop, delay, and 1 cab (w stereo UR) and my utilization is 87%. I don't want to push much higher than that.

Put the cab after the amp, switch it to mono and save cpu.

The stereo ultra res cabs consume a lot of resources. I have a simple patch with 2 amp blocks, wah, reverb, fx loop, delay, and 1 cab (w stereo UR) and my utilization is 87%. I don't want to push much higher than that.

Strange. That same patch on my unit only uses 63%. And that's with High Quality Reverb mode.

Hmm. Must try this at home. How big is the difference with/without USB? Anyone close to their Axe to try this?

To OP: I think that is more of a Axe III thing.. Maybe.

Hmm. Must try this at home. How big is the difference with/without USB? Anyone close to their Axe to try this?

To OP: I think that is more of a Axe III thing.. Maybe.

Mine was around, or just over 1% more when I plugged in USB . New patch , added Wah, 2 amp blocks, Stereo Ultra res Cab block ,FX loop, Delay, High res Reverb ,no USB =58.5 % / With Usb =59.6%

Ok, thought about it, I just added a UR Stereo cab block (default) ,so I selected 2 UR ir's , CPU is 65.2 w/ no usb- 66.3 w/ usb

bdrepko- Any chance you have other blocks contained in the patch, but only have the specified blocks engaged? You likely already know this, but that would provide the difference in the percentage of the CPU your Axe is using, since even dis-engaged blocks in a patch are added into the percentage. Hope this might help.

Cheers,

Lee

Back
Top Bottom