Just joined the fractal family

Hi all,
I am pretty excite to come home to my new Ax8 today. I have been cramming for it's arrival by watching as many YouTube tutorials as I could as well as reading up on info here and on the gear page to hopefully quell some of the learning curve.
Looking forward to conversing with you all and learning more.

Last edited:
All I can say is wow! It's no wonder that so many big artist are going with fractal... Seriously great tone for modeling!
I downloaded some patches from Axe-Change but found most lacking, so I build some of those sounds from scratch with great results.
Still lots to learn though. I am really glad I studied up before my Ax8 got here.
Thank you all for being so welcoming!

Last edited:
Spent quite a lot of time tonight chasing tone and finding it. From U2, The Cult, Iron Maiden, Metallica T-Rex... anything I can think of. The tone is there for me to discover. It used to take me so long to get "usable tones out on my pod hd. I also did the update to firmware 8.02 this evening. This thing just doesn't disappoint! :)

Worked on figuring out how I want to set up my Ax8 this evening. Top bout effects and lower scenes.
Learned how to configure scenes using scene modifiers and X/Y.
Already getting the hang of it but I'm sure I still have a ways to go before I'm gigging with it. I have a lot of patches and scenes to create.
Loving every moment of the process :)
I'm using a Alto TS110a as a frfr and the tones are stellar, even with a cheaper speaker. The Alto is pretty good for the money though.

I just got my AX8 as well, and I have to say that I am blown away too. Over the past year and a half, I've owned a Helix and a Kemper and was never completely satisfied with either for different reasons. The AX8 gives me the best of both and more. I'm super pleased with the tones that I'm getting and am just beginning to scratch the surface.

Back
Top Bottom