Just how good is the Axe-fx II modeling???

And Note to MBA - the Randall modules were not stock, these were Salvation and Jaded Faith modded modules. Most caps and resistors were upgraded, but thanks for the offer.
This mod is on the head. As i said it gives you an effective presence which allow you to get clarity and detail with all modules. The actual presence sucks...with all modules.
You can really have a boutique amp with the RM series...if you really want.

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=12500

Last edited:
I tried these last night, and rediscovered the love for the 800. KEERANG! Master up, drive down. Crunchy and note definition (yes Cliff, I whipped through Dream Police as a homage...)

Thanks Adam!

Ron

I also wasn't happy with the JCM 800 sounds I was getting from the Axe II when I first started using it. Especially since it was a go to amp for me in the Ultra so I was surprised I was disappointed.

I then discovered that the depth control and built-in amp block graphic EQ work wonders for this model. If you take the stock JCM 800 settings, turn the bright cap almost all the way down, turn up the depth, and then fine with the amp block graphic EQ it really starts cooking.

I use the JCM800 with those settings as mid-gain "crunch" sound and either an SLO-100 or HBE model for my high gain lead sound. They play nice together.

Back
Top Bottom