Just help me with my indecision..

virgil

Experienced
Hi,guys
I just want to hear you saying loud and clear..
first, the facts : right now I am on :Axe Fx Ultra,AxeFx II,MFC-101,Matrix 1000 and 2x12V30 cabs..
My name was on the waiting list for AXE 8 untill yesterday when G66 told me it's my turn and the wait is over..
well my indecision came and now I'm sleepless trying to make the right choice.
1.It's ok to buy AXE 8 (it's not expensive but...not cheap and I have to redecorate my house,to buy new heat sistem and so on..)
2.I already have those AXEs..
3.It's better to wait knowing that Fractal will come with more improvement to the AXE 8 in the near future..?
..or just send the money and grab "that little bastard black box" right now..( even if as I said I don't need it right now..)
I have a real problem with this indecision of mine..so guys just take a little time and make me do one way or another.
Thank you !

If you can't decide, just ask if you can stay on top of the list for a little while. Then you will get notified when the next batch arrives, and be able to make a decision then.

EDIT: I did just that, but for financial reasons, and fortunately it seems that I will be able to buy it when the next batch arrives which - as I am informed will be in march.

Last edited:
You already have an Ultra and AxeFX II? Well then I assume the Ultra is your current backup for your AxeFX II? So I'd personally say to myself to grab the AX8 and sell the Ultra to get back some of the money.

I can only say what I'd do - I can't decide for you. If you like the AX8 then you could consider using it permanently and sell on the MFC and even the AxeFX II and then buy some passive FRFR cabs to have alternate options to your conventional 2x12 cabs.

If you're a serial FAS/GAS gear collector - then you're doomed - you'll have to keep all and also buy the AX8 then freeze with your old heating system ..... and when I read about the sad story of a man found dead with hypothermia with a guitar in his hands I'll feel guilty (well, for a few minutes maybe ;) )

Serously though, I see the AX8 as being most useful with powered FRFR speaker cabs - makes a very compact rig. So with your current gear you will probably find yourself wanting to try those powered FRFRs out as well .... which puts you deeper in the money pit. So beware.

Hi,guys
first, the facts : right now I am on :Axe Fx Ultra,AxeFx II,MFC-101,Matrix 1000 and 2x12V30 cabs..
My name was on the waiting list for AXE 8 untill yesterday when G66 told me it's my turn and the wait is over..
1.It's ok to buy AXE 8 (it's not expensive but...not cheap and I have to redecorate my house,to buy new heat sistem and so on..)
3.It's better to wait knowing that Fractal will come with more improvement to the AXE 8 in the near future..?
..or just send the money and grab "that little bastard black box" right now..( even if as I said I don't need it right now..)
I have a real problem with this indecision of mine..so guys just take a little time and make me do one way or another.
Thank you !

Do you play out with your Axe FX's?
If not, there's absolutely no reason to get an AX8.
If so, I would do like suggested above, get the AX8 for playing out and sell your Ultra.
-
Austin

I would sell the ultra also and grab the ax-8. luckily I do not plan on selling any thing when I get my invite. I will not be doing any house remodeling though, except make room for the ax-8 between the mfc, 2 fcb1010's, ultra, axe fx II mkII, and axe fx xl!

Yup sell the Ultra and get the AX8. I have an Axe II, sold my ultra about a year ago and do not regret it. I just got my AX8 a couple of days ago and I'm having an absolute blast with it. I'm seriously thinking of making the AX8 my main rig, as it's so well suited for live use. I just need a couple of really long humbuster cables to get back to my power amp+cab.

Hi,guys
..1.It's ok to buy AXE 8 (it's not expensive but...not cheap and I have to redecorate my house,to buy new heat sistem and so on..)
...so guys just take a little time and make me do one way or another.
Thank you !

Pretty simple: G66 informed you, means you´re located somewhere in Europe. As winter is almost gone and spring arrives, not heating needed until October. As GAS is abundant, grab this little box, wear pullovers for the rest of the month or just feel excited enough to forget about the cold... children and wife will understand.

+1 on the sell the Ultra and buy the AX8 suggestions. The AX8 firmware is being ported to Quantum now, it will be much closer to the Axe Fx II than the Ultra. While it will certainly serve as a backup to the II, it also offers a level of portability and features the others don't. In other words, instead of backup, you'll have backup/options.

Buy the AX8 :)

Hi,guys
Thank you !
I would say, "Don't buy it!" because then I could use your slot (or at least it would bump me one step closer), but since you're in EU, it doesn't matter. In that case, I say, "Go for it!" :)

Now that I see you've gotten it, what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom