Just Heavy Stuff - Axe Fx- Ownhammer - Toontrack S2.0

Yeah they are the new impulses. I feel quite guilty to be honest because i think i'm letting them down a little with a old and dull strings!

Thanks man! Its just the FAS modern. Real basic setup but these impulses from Ownhammer are killing it!

I, II or III? Been really jiving with FAS Modern III lately. It's basically a Recto with all the annoying quirks removed with a hint of Mark.

I love the drum sound! Any chance you could elaborate a bit further as to what samples you used?

Thanks!

Sure, it's actually a blend of the standard s2.0 kit and metal foundry. To be fair i'm always changing up the kit pieces because i'm never satisfied with them haha.

i always use the X-drum feature in S2.0 so i can add layers especially on the snare, more often than not i have 2 snare grouped together and i adjust the velocity so that the second one will only trigger when it's a full hit. This means when it's a ghost note or something, it will only be played on the main snare sample so it sounds a bit more natural.

Kicks and toms are just single samples but i like to play with the tuning....not as realistic as actual tuning but i find that i get away with tuning them a little lower.

Hope that's a better insight. Ask away if you've any more questions!

Awesome, I've never thought about the velocity thing for the X-drum. The 2 snare layering is key for a big ol' fat snare sound. Sounds epic, dude!

Hey Justin, I respect the hell out of your mixes. Im curious if you would listen to my latest track. Its a remix of This Is Halloween. I appreciate any feedback. Its in my signature.

Hey Justin, I respect the hell out of your mixes. Im curious if you would listen to my latest track. Its a remix of This Is Halloween. I appreciate any feedback. Its in my signature.

Thanks for your comment!

Sure, it's very cool! Love the intro sounds, the organish/synth sound is sweet! Nice guitar tone too! I would say the lead guitar would benefit from been pushed back in the mix a little (not volume) using reveb or delay, just to make it sit in the space that intro creates if that makes sense.

Rhythm tone is good! But i think would sound immediately better with a meaty bass tone underneath, something to bridge the gap between the low notes and the start of the distortion on the guitar.

Great drum programming and the mix is good but ultimately i think the drum mix is what would take your mix to the next level. It may even be as simple as parallel compression on your drum bus or been a bit generous with EQ on your close mics. Not sure what you have done or how much you work on the drums so i may be way off here!

Hope thats constructive! Overall i think it's really good!

Thanks a lot Justin. I really appreciate it. I have been working on drums the most. Its been one hell of a learning experience trying to get drums to sound the best. Thanks again Justin.

No worries! Yeah well it sounds like it's coming on really well! I absolutely love mixing drums and actually listening back to old mixes that i've done and comparing them with where i'm at now, i've learnt so much but got a long way to go yet!

Back
Top Bottom