Just had an amazing idea...

rmp5s

Inspired
How cool would it be if the Axe-FX had a built in loadbox?

Recording and gigging and all that? Use the built in stuff.

Buddy brings over his new Hughes and Kettner Triamp Mark 3? Gotta give it a shot! Plug it into the loadbox jack and use all your favorite effects and cabs in the Axe-Fx.

That'd be amazing!!

I'm thinking about picking up a loadbox so I can use traditional heads with my Axe-FX II (wish I didn't sell my Two Notes Torpedo Live!!) and it made me think, "this should be built in!" That'd be a KILLER feature, no?

Sidenote: That being said, what's the cheapest, simplest loadbox you guys know of?

Built-in = extra costs = extra price, for something many users won’t use

Built-in = extra costs = extra price, for something many users won’t use

True, some wouldn't. I think a lot of people would if the option is there, though. Most people think "either I go digital or I stay traditional" and don't realize that you can blend the two "worlds" like this.

Couple days ago, I thought, "wonder how that'd sound" and dug around on YouTube for "Axe-FX with real amp"...found NOTHING. Not a single video.

It's kind of a "have your cake and eat it too" thing that I don't think most people know about.

Yea man, I saw that...didn't even know FAS made a load box until earlier today! Still a bit expensive when I can get a Two Notes Captor for a hundred bucks less than the sale price, though...

Yea man, I saw that...didn't even know FAS made a load box until earlier today! Still a bit expensive when I can get a Two Notes Captor for a hundred bucks less than the sale price, though...

Just another great reason why it's not built in.

So buy that then. Why are you asking us questions you know the answer to?

Couple days ago, I thought, "wonder how that'd sound" and dug around on YouTube for "Axe-FX with real amp"...found NOTHING. Not a single video..

Change your search string. There are a number of videos.

I sold all my amps whe I got the Axe. Why would I want to pay hundreds of dollars extra for a load box I don’t need ?

If someone enjoys their amps, great, but they can buy the dedicated load box on its own.

A majority of users run just the Axe on its own, lots sold off all their amps, like I did. Making the majority pay hundreds of dollars extra for a feature only a minority would even use makes no sense.

I guess maybe what the OP really wanted is if it had a load box, but at no additional cost.

If the II was $2500 with a load box, or $1800 without, there would be a lot less interest no doubt lol

I guess maybe what the OP really wanted is if it had a load box, but at no additional cost.

If the II was $2500 with a load box, or $1800 without, there would be a lot less interest no doubt lol

No. I know it doesn't have one. I just thought it'd be cool if a modeler had one built in as I've never heard of one that did. Apparently I was wrong.

700 bucks is one EXPENSIVE load box! I paid that much for my Torpedo Live!

Back
Top Bottom