just had a few words to say to " chucklehead" lol

Sometimes I get really tired of the whole, 'everyone must be treated with sensitive care and understanding at all times' thing. You know what? Sometimes you need to call a spade a spade and be done with it. I've been called a number of less desirable things in my life... almost always because I was acting in a less than desirable way, and someone (thank god!) called me out on it.

So Cliff called this guy a 'chucklehead'... big fucking deal! Passionate people are passionate, whether they are CEO's of companies or random people on the street. I work in customer service... sometimes the customer is a bloody moron and needs to be told as much... or they'll continue to be bloody morons forever. If more people called people out on idiotic behavior, more idiots would start to get the hint (generally speaking).

Nowadays... if some unreasonable customer is told they are being unreasonable (or, god forbid... called a *bad name!*) it's like the world has stopped spinning and every single record that happened to playing in every single 'vinyl audiophiles' home, has screeched noisily across the grooves and come to an eerily silent halt... "... well I never! The nerve of that guy! Calling me a chucklehead!..."

Please. Give me a fucking break...

I have been in the customer service industry for 13 years and I could give you a hundred examples of people saying WAY worse things to customers than calling them a "chucklehead". I could also cite hundreds of examples where the cust service rep did NOTHING wrong and the customer still felt insulted. I had a customer go crazy on me one time for not calling her "Dr <lastname>" when she didn't even put her title in the system! How was I supposed to know?!

There is reality and there is perception of that reality. Your personal beliefs and experiences are going to influence your perception of reality. The review he gave the Axe FX was obviously not an unbiased review, or he simply doesn't know what he's talking about. Either way, it's not a good review. The name that Cliff called him was as light-hearted as it gets when calling somebody out for talking in depth about something they clearly don't know anything about. His perception of Cliff's response however was that he had been called a racial slur. No matter how baseless this is, it's his perception of reality and nothing we can say, do, or discuss here will change that.

In a nutshell: If you call an insane person insane, they aren't going to agree with you.

Yup, I tell it like it is. Some people don't like my style. Oh well. Mr. Chucklehead was the antagonist here. He seized our UK domain name and then proceeded to give an unflattering review as retaliation for us demanding (politely I should add) that he relinquish it. Domain squatting in the US is illegal, not sure about Europe, but if it isn't it certainly is unethical.

Yup, I tell it like it is. Some people don't like my style. Oh well. Mr. Chucklehead was the antagonist here. He seized our UK domain name and then proceeded to give an unflattering review as retaliation for us demanding (politely I should add) that he relinquish it. Domain squatting in the US is illegal, not sure about Europe, but if it isn't it certainly is unethical.

I just want to say that your "real person" approach to your business is why I now by from small businesses whenever I can, even if it's a little more expensive. I much prefer business done with a handshake knowing you'll get a quality product that somebody will stand behind over a faceless warranty that some company arrived at by analyzing the time it takes for X% of the product to fail. Keep doing what you're doing and don't let the haters get you down!

What Tony does - and he did this LONG before he ever even heard of a Fractal Audio Axe-FX - is buy some gear to "review" it. He then buys up and parks domains relevant to it; ie. starting sites for driving traffic to his site(s) and reviews with those domains (ie. do a search on Fractal Audio and he pops up right on top). This was not a new tactic for his Fractal Audio "review". All of this is to drive traffic. If the company doesn't play ball with him - stroke his ego - he posts negative reviews. Marshall went as far as to give him factory tours and probably more.

It's link farming, priming the search engines to drive traffic to his site; the game he plays with manufacturers is a form of extortion and he's played the game for a LONG time. Gear companies I've worked with and talked to all despise the tactics he wears like a badge of (dis)honor.

It's a long held tactic (in politics, debating and on the web) to say what you are NOT going to do and then do it. Another variation on that same theme is to label someone in one manner, then act in that manner with no culpability.

On his Fractal Audio review, he made some serious misstatements and was called out for it. He then pulled everything because he had egg on his face and knew it. He plays his 'racist' game and posts negative statements, assertions and unfounded malarkey in addition to still sitting on and parking Fractal Audio domains. Not out of spite, but out of driving traffic to his site(s).

I get along with most people, even difficult personalities both professionally and in my day-to-day life. But I despise people that do not have integrity. I do not respect the person in question.

The guy is a bit batty lol. He's done some very helpful videos on his YouTube channel so it's a shame he's fallen out with fractal and decided to go down that domain name registering blasphemy path! Not a good look for either.

Cliff was close to getting rid of him for good recently- he did a conversion on a Mesa power transformer haha!

You are what you eat; so I guess he eats a lot of these:

images

Here's my answer to the shilling extortionist opportunist (domain squatter) ole'-what's-his-name:
images

I remember Chuckles. Little fruity things that were kind crusty on the outside, mostly mush on the inside, had no real substance or value, and were a waste of time and money. Guess some things are timeless.

all i wanna know is, am i gonna get laid on the weekend by some lil sexy brat, that isnt my gf

and LOOOL at swass avatar

Per his website:
"•About 10 amp simulations in the whole Axe-FX II"
Erm ... no?

What's sad is I kept seeing these "chucklehead" threads and it was driving me nuts like I wasn't able to sit at the cool-kid table at lunch because I had no clue what anyone was talking about. I was just randomly googling something to do with the Axe-FX II and his site was number 2 on the list and I immediately clicked on it out of curiousity and saw his ignorant rant ... lo and behold at the bottom I see his "chucklehead" remark and had a massive "HOLY SHI-" moment and everything made sense. It was a good feel

Change the domain name to fractalaudiosystems.com, fractalaudiosystems.co.uk etc.

Tony is a Legend in is own mind ...... only ........... and not much of a reviewer, player, or writer ......

Self-elected dicktator of the "look @ me I'm impotent" generation ...........

What a friggin' baby, this dude's been sniffing too much solder fumes. Eventually chuckles will come to his senses and buy another axe, but he'll probably have someone else order it for him!

What a friggin' baby, this dude's been sniffing too much solder fumes. Eventually chuckles will come to his senses and buy another axe, but he'll probably have someone else order it for him!

Nah, he strikes me as the type that'd cut his nose off to spite his face. He won't be back, and even if he did come back I'm not going to rush to welcome him.

Nominet are worth an appeal - in the old days they were certainly able to make on the spot decisions to take 'brand' domains away from squatters - but maybe not as fast now.

They have got tough lately and have lodged a High Court action against a major co.uk squatter who was giving them loads of grief over the proposed new '.uk' tld - which would seriously de-value the domainers/squatters stockpiles of extortionately priced co.uk domain names.

If it went to a DRS 'Independent Expert' arbitration, I don't see there being much argument that the fractalaudio.co.uk domain should belong to FAS rather than that bonehead - but unfortunately any costs of the arbitration are paid by the 'plaintiff' regardless of the ruling - it depends on the response of the current registrant thoughout the process - if he remains silent then the plaintiff can opt to pay £200 for a summary decision (or Nominet can also opt to give a decision without money - but I think they'd prefer the money ;) ). If however the registrant decides to respond and not hand over the name following initial mediation then the cost for an 'Independent Expert' ruling rises to £750.

If FAS were to submit a complaint then there's only one chance to submit the supporting documentation - so a petition list of well known musos names, wholesalers, retail stores and forum user names could be sent - along with any evidence (other manufacturers?) that this guy has made a habit of registering product manufacturers domain names - all will help sway Nominet's decision - maybe to the point of a summary decision without money changing hands.

FAS sells products worldwide .... Mckenzie is just being a turd. Maybe one day there'll be a .knob tld released - he can squat on that. Domain squatters/hi-jackers are just the lowest of the low.

Back
Top Bottom