just had a few words to say to " chucklehead" lol

I had watched some of his other reviews prior to the AxeFXII being demoed and based on what I saw and heard from him I didn't hold his opinion in very high regard. I have no doubt based on the impression I got from him as a person in general in his other videos that he is petty, vindictive, opinionated and out to make a buck on everything that he puts online as if his expertise in the industry qualifies his statements. I got all I needed to know about his qualifications by listening to him play. I don't bash people for their art, but most people at his skill level don't profess to be experts nor do they try to capitalize from it as aggressively as he does.

I'm all for critical and objective reviews, but he has an obvious agenda and an opinionated perspective that influences his reviews and that is of absolutely no use to me. He is going to 'discover' what he wants based on his preconceived notions and personal bias and will use anything and everything to support his point of view despite reason or facts.

The whole domain thing is absolutely no surprise to me. That kind of crap feeds his unjustified, petty need to feed his feelings of self-importance.

And I think that everyone here that knows me knows that I never say a negative thing about anyone on a personal level. Hell, I've tried to reach out to most of the people in that past that have come on here with a negative attitude via PM and talk to them and help them out. Reason being that they are actually looking for help or have legitimate reasons for frustration that can usually be dealt with. He's the kind of person that uses negativity to bolster his self-image and there's no point in reaching out to anyone like that or even trying to discuss anything on a reasonable level. If he isn't pandered to by a company than he has been wronged in is opinion and that puts him in vindictive mode. At that point it's about tearing apart something and getting even. That's some petty shit.

Bottom line is that if anyone watches any of his videos and takes his opinion as a source of authority they deserve what they end up buying. And that's not bashing the KPA or any of the gear that he's demoed; it speaks to his credibility as legitimate source of any information.

He's not worth acknowledging.

It's an opinion guys.. the problem was that stuff he was saying was bordering if not crossing the line of being liable.

I think he was trying to find something wrong though, and thats the wrong way to review something.

You read someones post and you think, yes that sounds right, then you read read the next persons post and you think, that sounds right too.
The notion of wrong vs right, good vs evil is wrong, we live in an analogue world and the answer usually lives somewhere in between. It took me a long time to realise that nobody on this planet has a definitive answer to anything, it's either best guess or opinion. The logic therefore is that nobody is right and nobody is wrong, the hard part is accepting someone elses opinion. If we can't do that we might as well press the big red button now.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with this guys opinion is that its on the first page when I do a google search for "Axe Fx 2", at least in my area. Its just a shame that some people might actually be swayed by his "opinion" since it is based on old firmware and is very one sided toward the Kemper. I think that chucklehead just fails to realize that his playing says it all! With guys like Vai, Fredrik Thordendal, Guthrie Goven ect. representing the Fractal stuff there is really no reason ANYONE should value Mr. McKenzies opinion AT ALL!

The only problem I have with this guys opinion is that its on the first page when I do a google search for "Axe Fx 2", at least in my area. Its just a shame that some people might actually be swayed by his "opinion" since it is based on old firmware and is very one sided toward the Kemper. I think that chucklehead just fails to realize that his playing says it all! With guys like Vai, Fredrik Thordendal, Guthrie Goven ect. representing the Fractal stuff there is really no reason ANYONE should value Mr. McKenzies opinion AT ALL!

Before I bought the FX2 I read the review of tonymckenzie and I must admit that I'd never hear the term chucklehead before. Being from the UK myself I had some empathy with this person and was almost swayed by his comments. While I value and respect his personal experience I decided to make my own decision and purchased the FX2 and am pleased I did but this does not diminish tonymckenzie views in any way.

Last edited:
He's squatting on our UK domain name and refuses to relinquish it. We politely asked him and he was a dick about it. Then he posted his "review" which was nothing but a hit piece. So I called him a chucklehead. He got offended. I think chucklehead has a different meaning over there.
In France we call it "un con" or 'un trou du cul", in english "a dick" or "an asshole" and in dutch "een lul" ora a "miereneuker", in German "Arschloch". What the heck anyway, if he likes his toaster well then let him like his "f...ing" toaster; nobody forbid him and why should one ? For the domain name, I can barely imagine he's rendering himself any service, nobody likes to listen to "bashing" people, generally people turn away their attention and draw back from anybody who's always in the negative; or even get curious to what's behind the so cursed name. It simply cannot affect FA success in any way or by any means.
Keep on rocking, and looking forward for so many upcoming new stuff (FW10, the patches of Thorn, maybe even AE2.0...), please do not forget that there are still people who remember FA's frontier breaking concept and how much this is appreciated; all this was beyond any expectation when I decided to go for FA in 2010 ! Cheers,

The fact that the descriptor for his youtube channel and website says "unbiased" first and foremost leads me to draw one of two conclusions.

A) He is not aware of what the word Unbiased means.

B) His descriptor is false.

In any case, I respect his right to a personal opinion, but I do not think his conduct is very respectable.

I get on with most folks very well for the most part. I'm very laid back towards others expecting... well... whatever... but every so often someone comes along a really rubs me the wrong way for no apparent reason... or for many apparent reasons...well... this guy was one of them from awhile back... lonely guy he is and or will be. I assure you... It must really suck to carry that dark cloud around with yourself... poison.

In short his opinion/evaluation... an utter "JOKE!",... in every essence and interpretation of that word that there is to be had.

Last edited:
"Toaster" - lol!!

not sayin it's not good, but, to me, looks like the radio my dad brought home from Germany when he exited the army in 1964 chuckle, chuckle, chuckle!, or, could also be my aunt betty's ham radio - chuckle, chuckle, chuckle

I looks like a mechanical ventilator to me..

The 'Chucklehead incident' has a certain irony I think. Perhaps, (as on the Ernie Ball forum they refer to themselves as 'Knuckleheads'), here on the Fractal forum, we should be henceforth known as 'Chuckleheads'. It's more an endearing and self-effacing comment than the insulting and even "racist" critique our 'friend' seems to think it is.

I looks like a mechanical ventilator to me..

I always thought....fax machine. I wonder if you can get a good dialling tone out of it. It's a good unit though, just strange looking.

imagesCAQ1MM3D.jpg

Wait, isn't this the same guy who in one sentence says he was called racist names by us on this forum and his next sentence calls us "chimps" ?:roll

The 'Chucklehead incident' has a certain irony I think. Perhaps, (as on the Ernie Ball forum they refer to themselves as 'Knuckleheads'), here on the Fractal forum, we should be henceforth known as 'Chuckleheads'. It's more an endearing and self-effacing comment than the insulting and even "racist" critique our 'friend' seems to think it is.

Hmmm, "The Chucklehead Incident". That would be a good name for a movie or maybe an album!

About the OP.....

I remember when all this kicked off. He disassembled the unit, and criticised the build quality (which may have been valid, I'm not a mechanical engineer.... but my unit hasn't fallen apart, nor shows signs of doing so). Then he proceeded to cast doubt on the price of the DSP processors (again, which I have no further information on) and used it as an argument against the price of the unit.. Cliff then publicly showed the price of the chips to cross that one off the list.

As per Tony Mackenzies information, he then returned the units and received full refund AFTER publicly opening the Axe 2, and technically invalidating their warranty.

Now, I've read that he's sitting on the domain name.

This would also make me question his motives in reviewing ANY piece of equipment, as reviewing a piece of equipment should not be coloured by a persons perception of a CEO, and should not include unsubstantiated claims.

While he did not outwardly lie, he did cast aspersions about the price of the chips, and as a consequence, the unit as a whole. Now, he just sounds as though his ego has taken a bashing, and while Cliff should have had more sense than to call him a 'chucklehead', he has displayed trollish behaviour not out of place on the playground with his 'He called me a name!!!!' behaviour.

This has given him a handle to lambast the unit in the only way left to him which is to attack the man, rather than the evidence.

He may have reviewed units well in the past. In this case, his ego got the better of him, and has cast doubts on every review he does in my mind.

Edit: I've just read that he sold it, rather than returned it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom