just had a few words to say to " chucklehead" lol

Ah well, the Kemper vs. Fractal nerds war is going on. Priceless.
I feel that both units are great pieces of hard-(and soft-)ware and all the Kemperists and Fractalists should just shut the hell up and play guitar instead. ;)

Besides, coming from germany, I can tell you that "made in ..." means a shit nowadays. Do you know what "made in ..." means? It means that the quality control or assembly was made in that country. I've worked in companies importing ALL parts perfectly assembled from china, checking the outside of the product for any visible scratches, putting it into the packaging and then stomping the "made in germany" on it.
And you know what? That's totally fine, because products made in china don't need to be bad.
There is cheap china, and there is expensive china. And expensive china can be ridicolously good in quality, while still being a much better deal (and less expensive) than cheap-"western-nation-of-your-choice".

And you know what, if it wouldn't be about the awesome effects and the constant firmware updates for free, I'd buy a Kemper. Simply because for my uses, it would be perfectly sufficient and its cheaper.
Both units are great and have its market. Just like the 11-rack has its market as a lower-budget unit which still has an amazing price-to-use ratio.

FWIW, I tried his KPA presets and imho they completely suck, so I would take any assertion from him that brand K is vastly superior to brand A with a big sprinkling of salt, as we say in French ;)

What I see here is that Fractal-CEO insults a (ex) customer and participate in a worthless thread - that is really not a communication level that any CEO can/should take.
On the other side, Fractal-CEO does not give a proper information about - for some/many customers important - product issues as Axe Edit delivery date ...

I think he believes he's giving honest and helpful reviews to potential buyers of a wide range of gear. It's just additional information that needs to be balanced with a wide breadth of additional information available to us all. And readers can easily review his site to make up their own minds on how much creedence his reviews should be given.

You are what you eat; so I guess he eats a lot of these:

images

Here's my answer to the shilling extortionist opportunist (domain squatter) ole'-what's-his-name:
images

thats awesome! made me laugh... :)

I don't know who you are talking about but after reading all the posts in this thread, it leaves me to wonder who is the bigger person.

Honestly, if it wasn't for people that disagree with his opinion egging him on, he probably would have forgotten about the whole ordeal by now.

What I see here is that Fractal-CEO insults a (ex) customer and participate in a worthless thread - that is really not a communication level that any CEO can/should take.
On the other side, Fractal-CEO does not give a proper information about - for some/many customers important - product issues as Axe Edit delivery date ...

thats getting old my friend....have patience....I really don't see the harm in waiting for a great product...??

I don't know who you are talking about but after reading all the posts in this thread, it leaves me to wonder who is the bigger person.

Honestly, if it wasn't for people that disagree with his opinion egging him on, he probably would have forgotten about the whole ordeal by now.

are you kidding? watch some of his videos...the guy has it out for fractal....he mention "other modelling" but won't even dare to say the name...he's afraid that he might give fractal millions of dollars of free advertisement or something by saying the forbidden "F word" lol
This is the lounge...talk about anything here....we are a family here...lets stick together and let everyone know what kind of person he is....if he's gonna bash fractal...them I'll bash him. simple.

are you kidding? watch some of his videos...the guy has it out for fractal....he mention "other modelling" but won't even dare to say the name...he's afraid that he might give fractal millions of dollars of free advertisement or something by saying the forbidden "F word" lol
This is the lounge...talk about anything here....we are a family here...lets stick together and let everyone know what kind of person he is....if he's gonna bash fractal...them I'll bash him. simple.

Why should I spend my time watching someone else bash a product that I enjoy?

Why do you feel the need to bash him over a product that he doesn't like?

@MacOsatch: So you'd rather want streamlined, professional corporate communications and all the bullshit that comes with it?!
I want professional and decent communication - we have a very good example in the fractal world also: G66.
I do not know why you connect good communication and BS? You can have one of them without the other one.

I want professional and decent communication - we have a very good example in the fractal world also: G66.
I do not know why you connect good communication and BS? You can have one of them without the other one.

Personally, I like Cliff's direct interaction here in the forum. In my short time as a member here I've seen him help with all manner of things for people which is brilliant. Long may it continue, regardless if the feathers of a few chuckleheads get ruffled as a result.

Slipknot fans are "Maggots", Jimmy Buffett fans are "Parrotheads", Fans of KISS are automatically drafted into the "KISS Army". So I propose that from this day forth, all fans of Fractal Audio Systems, its products, and/or Cliff Chase are hereby referred to as "Chuckleheads". I, for one, will wear it like a badge of honor. Who's with me?!?! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to concoct a new preset named "Chucklehead". :)

This post comes from being in agreement with Cliff on just accepting being called a Chucklehead. Not as any support for ole Tony Whatshisname...

Last edited:
Personally, I like Cliff's direct interaction here in the forum. In my short time as a member here I've seen him help with all manner of things for people which is brilliant. Long may it continue, regardless if the feathers of a few chuckleheads get ruffled as a result.

Nothing against the direct interaction. Does not necessary include rudeness.

Nothing against the direct interaction. Does not necessary include rudeness.

I think you have to take the comments within the context of Cliff's personality. From what I gather, he is just a man of a few words who uses as few of them as possible to get his point, or information across (which is probably a byproduct of squeezing as many machine instructions into a small digital signal processor memory space as possible). He calls a spade a spade. Some may perceive this as brusqueness or rudeness. I don't.

I don't believe that the Axe-FX came with an added guarantee that we would be getting long flowery Valentine's messages from the CEO.

I'm happy that he steps in and interacts with users directly here. He answers technical questions and gives suggestions. The rest of the time, I hope he is working his intellect on new features, as well as playing the guitar and enjoying some downtime...

I hereby dub myself a Chucklehead! However, having TMcK being called the same, by Cliff nonetheless, rather detracts from the nomer... Maybe not... Then again, Cliff calls himself a Chucklehead too.

Now I'm confused.

Anyway. As soon as I saw the handle on that reply in the OP, I thought to myself:"Uh-oh. Here we go again."
Just ignore the guy.

Oh, BTW, I do not believe for one second Cliff would be deliberately misinforming us on any matter of the development of any part of the product line.
It's just that in product development s#1t very much happens in large quantities. Should you be in a position to go help shovelling it, I'm sure you'd be much appreciated.

And Cliff is just a guy! He's a human being. He has shown his passion in spades! He has opened up in ways I never saw any company owner do. That includes a couple of remarks that maybe were less fortunate. I have seen a couple of people leave that I was very sorry about. Comes with the territory of having an open line into the head office here. Would you rather he'd be less human, less passionate, less open or less communicative?

Still hoping you'll patch it up with those couple of people, Cliff!

Last edited:
I remeber wasting about an hour of my life watching his review (rant) on the AFX II. what a Jerk!
Someone should create a JM45 lead patch and call it "Chucle_Lead" and it should be a standard patch fron FW10 onwards.

Back
Top Bottom