just had a few words to say to " chucklehead" lol

axecellent

Inspired
have you guys heard of this guy? I've been watching a couple of his videos on the kemper stuff and he keep referring to the axe fx 2 as "that other company"...so I wrote him and said, ..... see below...

what a goof ball...

My comment to him:
the other one is called Fractal Audio Axe fx 2....I own one and its tone matching feature is just as good or better than the kemper... they are pretty much #1 on the market right now...you really should check them out before knocking their technology IMO. The kemper seems pretty good at what it does but I still can't get over the fact that it looks like a big toaster.. The axe fx 2 by fractal audio looks a lot better in design and is rack mountable...check them out sometime, you'd be amazed!
Reply ·

His comment back to me....
tonymckenziecom 7 hours ago
Let me get this right. I should check out an Axe-FX II, that's what you said?. Are you nuts. I bought one and the floor pedal for a smashing £2650. I reviewed it and was called a 'chucklehead' by the owner. You MUST be kidding. I have no interest whatsoever in that product. I sold it in 10 days because of those insults and you want me to check one out. Nice. And before any more comes on that subject trust me it WILL be deleted. The Kemper eats that thing for breakfast and then some. Try One. ;-)

comment away boys!!!!!!!!! lol lol lol he obviously never got over it yet... make no wonder he was called a chucklehead, he sounds like one for sure.

:)

Dont bother trying to convince that guy. He's clearly a salesman for Kemper and has no interest in what the axe-fx can actually do. But I do agree with you that its sad and very silly that he is so close minded. I think he tried a very early firmware as well so he has no clue how great it actually sounds. Just feel sorry for him, he obviously a very stupid and angry person :)

Dont bother trying to convince that guy. He's clearly a salesman for Kemper and has no interest in what the axe-fx can actually do. But I do agree with you that its sad and very silly that he is so close minded. I think he tried a very early firmware as well so he has no clue how great it actually sounds. Just feel sorry for him, he obviously a very stupid and angry person :)

that pretty much sums it up...well said my friend. Thats how I see it. :)

He's squatting on our UK domain name and refuses to relinquish it. We politely asked him and he was a dick about it. Then he posted his "review" which was nothing but a hit piece. So I called him a chucklehead. He got offended. I think chucklehead has a different meaning over there.

He's squatting on our UK domain name and refuses to relinquish it. We politely asked him and he was a dick about it. Then he posted his "review" which was nothing but a hit piece. So I called him a chucklehead. He got offended. I think chucklehead has a different meaning over there.

Chucklehead is as harmless over here as it is where you are. He's just a prat and it's a shame he's taken up arms against you.

On behalf of all of your UK customers, we salute you! May we all chuckle at the chucklehead, and enjoy our gear of glory :lol

Wow, I just saw this guy's sad excuse for a website. Chucklehead is truly an understatement! The term "delusional" comes to mind.

"Toaster" - lol!!

not sayin it's not good, but, to me, looks like the radio my dad brought home from Germany when he exited the army in 1964 chuckle, chuckle, chuckle!, or, could also be my aunt betty's ham radio - chuckle, chuckle, chuckle

he just sent me a huge message on my youtube channel inbox...that guy is a complete loser...he needs to grow up and get over it....some people amaze me...I've watched a few of his videos on youtube and he clearly has it out for fractal audio...lol he won't even mention the name...he say, the other company..."far...fr...frac... i don't know".
a real winner. I told him you pay more for an axe fx 2 because you get what you pay for....and as for the kemper...well you get what you pay for as well...a nice little toaster...lol ok...I'm just kidding.... :)

another letter from the chucklehead...lol this guy cracks me up. he messaged me on youtube...
Hi Jason.

I know EXACTLY what that is. I bought one. I reviewed it after shelling out £2650 here in the UK while they were merrily discounting to the USA boys.

I published the review (which I still have) and was ridiculed by the owner and called publicly a 'chucklehead'.

I was a full price paying customer. To be treated that way by the owner and CEO of Fractal Audio in that way as a customer giving what I felt were valid criticisms was frankly completely unprofessional on his part. I highlighted issues that he could not answer - such as the pigeon cr** welding on the inside of the case that weakens the integrity of the rack unit. There were many other issues too.

I have absolutely no interest in his products. I sold it 10 days later and will never go back.

But FYI the Kemper eats the FX-II for breakfast. And with the new rack just released is 60% of the price and as far as sounds of amps go they are far superior to the FA ones in my opinion and I have played both. The FA is good at effects, but I can buy an effects unit for less than half the price of one of those that is simply better if I want effects. That is called a Eclipse which I already own.

Also you get a 600w power amp in the Kemper rack and you don't on the FX-II.

I was informed by others that the Axe-FX II is made actually in China. Maybe they are right or maybe they are wrong. I don't care as I'll never buy another one.

The Kemper is German origin and if you know anything about build quality then you will know that the Germans are some of the best engineers that are around.

I could go on much further than you might comprehend about some of that stuff but its not really for me to advise you about that product. Make no mistake the owner CEO will not.

So, while your intentions may well be of good intentions, I will never be convinced that any CEO who calls customers 'chuckleheads' is what I want to be dealing with and buying from at any price. My Kemper amp more than compensates for the effects unit you spoke about.

Nothing personal, but no thanks.

You are what you eat; so I guess he eats a lot of these:

images

Here's my answer to the shilling extortionist opportunist (domain squatter) ole'-what's-his-name:
images

I remember the guy's "review" of the Axe, and it was misguided at best. From memory, his review of the Kemper included him trying to open the thing up to see inside, not being able to figure out how to take it apart, therefore concluding that it's well made. If I were a hardcore Kemper fan, I wouldn't exactly be using this guy's review to support my views. Pretty much every review of his that I've seen involves him rambling aimlessly, not really knowing what he's talking about, and making misguided assumptions about things based on bugger all.

Man seriously that fellow needs to grow up.
Sure the Kemper is great but the Axe FxII is a totally different animal all together.
Made in China,seriously who told him that his imaginary friends! German's are great engineers
but that doesn't mean if someone has done a phenomenal job who is not from Germany,should be
discredited. Cliff has done something no one has done nor ever will do.His level of commitment
is proof of his hard work.

The fellow keeps saying the Kemper eats the Fractal for breakfast,firstly his review was absolutely baseless,secondly he has taken
it way too far in terms of complaints against Fractal Audio and finally he needs to grow up! The guy hasn't even heard
the Axe FxII after Firmware 2 or 3,it sounds totally different now. Seriously he needs to be more mature about his attitude.
God... Some people in this world are just impossible to deal with,he reminds me of those.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom