Just got the axe and I'm having some troubs..

Mr.RangoTango

Experienced
Okay so i've been dialing and fooling around with the axe and im having some troubles:

1. MASSIVE hum and noise from almost every patch, don't know if it's my monitors though. I have checked my instrument cables and their fine.

2. my axe won't connect properly to axe-edit. It seems like nothing works :b "status: not connected".

1. Is the hum coming through your guitar pickups due to being close to electronic gear..?

2. Is this an Axe II, Ultra or Standard..?

1. Sounds like a it could be a ground loop. Does it do it throught the headphones when there is nothing plugged into the outputs of the Axe-fx.

2. Did you install the USB drivers (assuming you are using a II)?

1) in layout mode, hit the page button twice. There's your noise gate. Turn threshold to around 60-65, and ratio to 3.00
2) turn off your phone or other non-insulated electronics near your axefx
3) It's possible, since you live in Denmark, that your power isn't grounded. Look for a way to ground your axefx (though I doubt this is the problem unless you live in a poor area with shoddy voltage
4) As far as Axe-edit, welcome to the club

Okay thanks for the help. Can i set the threshold and ratio to those settings in global?
I really hope there's nothing when I plug the headphones in...

according to axe edit, how can pro's like chris brodrick rely on the axe-edit live when it doesn't work? I mena i cannot even connect to the edit-program..

Okay thanks for the help. Can i set the threshold and ratio to those settings in global?
I really hope there's nothing when I plug the headphones in...

according to axe edit, how can pro's like chris brodrick rely on the axe-edit live when it doesn't work? I mena i cannot even connect to the edit-program..

Have you installed the usb driver?

Okay it doesn't make any noise when plugged into the headphones ! (wehoo).. Okay so it must be a ground problem between my monitors and my power sockets!

A little side note, my apple magic mouse does not function near my studio setup - on my table near the couch it works fine :O

Another thing, just to keep it in one beginner-thread, do you guys only use and combine the amps and cabs that already are stored? I mean i have discovered some great tones, but compared to other people's smashing chunky patches they do no stand a chance ?

Another thing, just to keep it in one beginner-thread, do you guys only use and combine the amps and cabs that already are stored? I mean i have discovered some great tones, but compared to other people's smashing chunky patches they do no stand a chance ?

I usually make my own and use concepts and ideas from others and their patches.

Back
Top Bottom