Just got my LF+ 12+...another on the way

javajunkie

These are absolutely awesome. Once I got 1.12 loaded, it worked great with Axe-fx II. Still trying to figure out how I will lay things out.

I did decide to go with 2 12+s. The configuration options are endless with 2 of these.

They seem to be built quite well and look great.

congratulations Sean!
I'm waiting for the LF+ 24 to come out.

are the LCD's on the 12+ good readable? I'm probably gonna stick for the led's because my virtual pedalboard has mostly the same layout.

congratulations Sean!

are the LCD's on the 12+ good readable? I'm probably gonna stick for the led's because my virtual pedalboard has mostly the same layout.

They are easy for me to read. You can adjust the contrast on them and adjust the dimmed brightness.
I haven't tried in different lighting yet. It will be a couple of weeks before I get this into production.

Cool!

As Voes asked, can you read the LCDs well? Look a bit small, judging from the pictures / videos on the site.

congratulations Sean!

Is there a LF+ 24 already announced? Can't find any info on their website

Awesome!!!

Pics or video once you have it set up. I know Jeff put a lot up already but it would be nice to see it in a working setup.

I received LF 12+ serial number 1. ;-)

I've been working with it for a few days. Hands down the only controller you will ever need. There is a 24 coming. Many will want 24 because they are used to having the IAs in front of them. But keep in mind there are some AMAZING features in this unit for those that would like a small and large controller. I recommend getting two 12+ as opposed to one 24+ because then you have the flexibility to take a smaller unit on a gig (and NOT lose any flexibility). I thought I would absolutely need the 24+. I'm starting with the 12 instead. This think is absolutely incredible. There are multiple ways to use it. Let me explain:

1) You have 50 pages - ok you don't want to flip through more than one page of IAs. No problem. Then you can program a custom command into an preset and when you change presets, whammo - it automatically flips to a page with a different IA layout (but the preset buttons are in the same place). No one ever uses more than just a few IAs per preset, so you don't need all those switches in front of you all the time. You just put them on different pages and it will go to that page automatically. But the pages are useful because if you do add another 12 or 24, then you just quickly create new page layouts to show the buttons any way you want. Seriously awesome! It's modular.

2) Each IA has TWO functions. So you can have two IAs on every button on the same page. You then say, "but how do I get instant access to the other virtual IA assigned to that switch?" There are several ways the triggering works. You can press and hold and it will switch to the other function (and it will even trigger the other function when you hold if you want it to). But Jeff just added "dynamic IAs" so on one preset the #1 function IA will show on the screen (say chorus) and then when you switch to another preset, the same switch will show flanger for example! All on the same page!!! So you just think through which two types of controls you won't need at the same time (like a chorus and flanger). Assign two functions to ever IA and then configure the triggering and dynamic IAs and you have incredible flexibility. I have a video coming on this.

3) So here is the big one. Jeff is helping me use dynamic IAs for the Axe II x/y functions. I don't know how other controller deal with this but I think you have to take up another IA for the X/Y features of the Axe II or put them on another page. Now I have drive 1 on/off and drive 1 x/y on the same IA switch!!! In one preset I might want the ability to turn drive1 on and off but not use the x/y. On another preset I might want to switch between drive x and y but not turn the drive on/off. So one preset will dynamically bring up the on/off control and another preset will dynamically use the x/y feature ALL ON THE SAME IA switch. You can program the preset to bring up either function 1 or 2 of each IA switch!!!! As they say in Calfornia --- DUUUUUUDDDE!

I've spent a few hours withe the 12+ and it's just incredible. The screens and added features give you maximum flexibility and power. The new menu system is super easy to use.

More to come.

2nd one came in. Expander mode is awesome. Dynamic IAs are sweet. I have a lot of programming to do but it goes quickly with menu system.

I received LF 12+ serial number 1. ;-)

I've been working with it for a few days. Hands down the only controller you will ever need. There is a 24 coming. Many will want 24 because they are used to having the IAs in front of them. But keep in mind there are some AMAZING features in this unit for those that would like a small and large controller. I recommend getting two 12+ as opposed to one 24+ because then you have the flexibility to take a smaller unit on a gig (and NOT lose any flexibility). I thought I would absolutely need the 24+. I'm starting with the 12 instead. This think is absolutely incredible. There are multiple ways to use it. Let me explain:

1) You have 50 pages - ok you don't want to flip through more than one page of IAs. No problem. Then you can program a custom command into an preset and when you change presets, whammo - it automatically flips to a page with a different IA layout (but the preset buttons are in the same place). No one ever uses more than just a few IAs per preset, so you don't need all those switches in front of you all the time. You just put them on different pages and it will go to that page automatically. But the pages are useful because if you do add another 12 or 24, then you just quickly create new page layouts to show the buttons any way you want. Seriously awesome! It's modular.

2) Each IA has TWO functions. So you can have two IAs on every button on the same page. You then say, "but how do I get instant access to the other virtual IA assigned to that switch?" There are several ways the triggering works. You can press and hold and it will switch to the other function (and it will even trigger the other function when you hold if you want it to). But Jeff just added "dynamic IAs" so on one preset the #1 function IA will show on the screen (say chorus) and then when you switch to another preset, the same switch will show flanger for example! All on the same page!!! So you just think through which two types of controls you won't need at the same time (like a chorus and flanger). Assign two functions to ever IA and then configure the triggering and dynamic IAs and you have incredible flexibility. I have a video coming on this.

3) So here is the big one. Jeff is helping me use dynamic IAs for the Axe II x/y functions. I don't know how other controller deal with this but I think you have to take up another IA for the X/Y features of the Axe II or put them on another page. Now I have drive 1 on/off and drive 1 x/y on the same IA switch!!! In one preset I might want the ability to turn drive1 on and off but not use the x/y. On another preset I might want to switch between drive x and y but not turn the drive on/off. So one preset will dynamically bring up the on/off control and another preset will dynamically use the x/y feature ALL ON THE SAME IA switch. You can program the preset to bring up either function 1 or 2 of each IA switch!!!! As they say in Calfornia --- DUUUUUUDDDE!

I've spent a few hours withe the 12+ and it's just incredible. The screens and added features give you maximum flexibility and power. The new menu system is super easy to use.

More to come.

One more thing to add that I forgot above.

4) A lot of people think you need multiple preset switches. For example, at least four to six across the bottom. Not with the 12+. You can have as few as one! You can set it up to just step on the switch and it will scroll forward. You can have it trigger to switch to the preset and send the commands or just scroll until you get to the one you want and then select it. The reply from users of other controllers would be, "how do I quickly go to the preset I want for a song with only one switch for a preset?" That's where song mode comes in. You program a song with let's say four presets in a particular order. If you have to go back to a previous preset, you just program them all in order into the song. So preset #1 to #2 to #3 to #1 to #4. Then in song mode you will have only one preset switch. Every time you hit it it goes to the next preset in the order you programmed and it doesn't list all your presets in the list - just the ones for that song. You can also have an up preset and down preset switch if you want. Jeff thought of everything on this controller. You can configure it to do anything you want.

Congrats Jeff!

I've had mine for a week, but have had little time to play with it. I have assigned the switches for Delays and Drives to X/Y for second function and it definitely is a very cool thing. Haven't explored dynamic IA's yet, but that will come soon. Overall, I find that with fewer switches and smaller form factor, it provides more IA's than MFC with much much more versatility. And I don't have to worry about switching labels when I experiment with a new layout. It is less plug and play than MFC, however, and takes more time to get up and running. I probably won't use it for a few more weeks live. The MFC was ready in less than an hour.

I do have a question. Are you able to use the AxeII phantom power? Looks like I am gonna need an adapter... And where is the serial number? :)

John

Yes on phantom power. You can use the same adapter as you use with MFC. Even though the Lf+ adapter is at 2000ma, it runs fine on 1000 - Per Jeff.

Hi there.

I have a great interest in the LF products, and have been trying to order their products on the web.
However,I never got a e-mail response from them.
Is there anybody who could purchase LF products from outside of the United States(I'm in far east)?
Is there special method for international order?
I guess I have to ask to FAMC,Inc. but...

I'm getting following page(last trial) when I put order on LF web site.

>>quote start

THANK YOU
Your information is being processed. You will receive an email response as soon as possible.

Please reference LF+ 12+ ORDER #: 00053

If you have not received an email or phone call within 1 day, then the email address you provided was not correctly entered. Please feel free to contact us again.
DO NOT submit an email outside of our order or information request web forms. We will place emails received outside of the web-site at the end of the queue. This will slow down our response to you as we take all web requests in the order they arrive.

>>quote end

Thank you.

Thx guys.

I got e-mail from Jeff.
My order is being processed now.

By the way,another question.
On e-mail,Jeff said I have to prepare 12VAC standard adapter:2.1mm ID 2.5mm OD standard barrel connector.
And on FAMC,Inc. web site,I read that AC or DC power in is acceptable.

Can I use both 12VAC[ID:2.1mm OD:5.5mm(maybe 2.5mm is miss type?)] or 12VDC[ID:2.1mm OD:5.5mm center+]?

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom