Just got my FM3 !

Just came today and I am firing it up right now. I feel like a kid at Christmas! :D
What do think of the high gain sounds on the fm3 compared to the Helix? I've actually learned how to get some good high gain tones that I'm happy with I the Helix, after a long time trying, so I would like to try an fm3 for comparison.

Is the fm3 notably better high gain tones? I'm expecting it to be

I think the FM3 has some great high gain tones. So does the Helix but there are more in the FM3 and they are way more tweakable.

Hi all I’m new here and just got my FM3 a few days ago and just wanted to share my thoughts.
I’ve been playing for about 22 years and in that time been through real amps , then had my fun with the Pods and then onto software for guitar recording
Having got the FM3 virtually brand new recently I literally am still in jaw drop mode
It’s completely a different level compared to Pod/Helix or plugin solutions
FM edit is just awesome and on the day I got it I had dialled in the tones I had always been looking for within minutes!
Honestly quite shocked at the level of accuracy here my hats off to everyone at Fractal
The effects surpass most plugins I own (and I have bought tons over the year’s UAD etc)
Not bothered about CPU limits as if needed I can add The excellent FAS Reverb during mixing as I’m only using FM3 for recording
It’s really fired up my inspiration to compose without feeling being held back by production limitations
I’m an 80s nut mostly, love Gary Moore (80s era) EVH and the usual suspects
Just thought I’d say hi , offer my thoughts and to anyone thinking of buying the FM3....do it !

Snap! I come from the same background as you, I got one of the first FM3's without the headphone out amp and was such a leap in quality that I was used to, coming from Pods, plugins, cheap transistor amps lol. Its still more than enough for my needs, my own custom presets are so basic but completely addicted to the sound. I too am an 80s child, that 'StillBlue' preset that's Gary Moore inspired based on the SLP is magical. I did a Gary Moore cover version of 'The Messiah Will Come' and worked so well with just this one tone, dirty clean to high gain in one :)

For all those new to the FM3, I'm sure you'll enjoy for many years to come.

Back
Top Bottom