Just got my Axe FX II!

tomc3084

Experienced
I just got my Axe FX II about an hour ago and I just took my headphones off because my ears where getting hot. After going through some presets I gotta say this thing is CRAZY GOOD! I wanted to use it right away so instead of going through hooking it up to my frfr system I just plugged into it with my cheap headphones. I used to never use these headphones on my eleven rack because it sounded like pure crap with the AxeFX is sounds stellar! All the high end fizziness and the what sounded like a blanket on the eleven rack is no longer there on this machine. The FX are on a different level too, it is not even close. God I am so happy to own this thing. Thanks Cliff!

A lot of the amps I hated on the eleven rack like the Soldano sound INCREDIBLE in this machine.. I am going to be going all night

I'm new to this forum and I'm still contemplating the purchase of an Axe.

There is a term used here that I'm trying to figure out....and that is- FRFR.

Clarity is appreciated.

Clarity is appreciated.

Full Range Flat Response - if you appreciate clarity then you will appreciate FRFR :D

An FRFR monitoring system should accurately reproduce the input signal - there should be no coloration. Realistically all monitors/speakers/headphones color the sound but some are more 'neutral' than others.

Clarity is appreciated.
Place your cursor over the word "FRFR," and read what pops up. That's the short answer: "Full Range Flat Response."

Here's the long answer: FRFR speakers are speakers that attempt to reproduce the full-range audio spectrum, with a flat frequency response.That's way unlike a guitar speaker cab, which intentionally reproduces a narrower portion of the frequency range and has a frequency response that favors some frequencies at the expense of other ones.

Tom, you've got some great times ahead. I was demonstrating the Axe-FX II at the Great British Guitar Show, it just redefines what people think about "modelers". IMHO, if you can, buy the best FRFR system you can. You've got a top class pre-amp/multi effects unit and I truly believe that it deserves a top class power amp and speaker system. Immortal_Soloist is right about checking out Matrix gear. I use the Matrix GT1500FXBD and two CFR12s and I get great feedback back from people.

Well some people are not great fans, but then they have to be loyal to the amp manufacturers who employ them :D

Thanks soloist, I'll check out Matrix as well.

I need to do some research to determine the best way to set up the Axe....in terms of active vs. passive cabs, power amps, etc.

I'll search myself, but is there a resource on this site that gives instruction and advice on how to set up the Axe?

Thanks soloist, I'll check out Matrix as well.

I need to do some research to determine the best way to set up the Axe....in terms of active vs. passive cabs, power amps, etc.

I'll search myself, but is there a resource on this site that gives instruction and advice on how to set up the Axe?
Tons of resources,the routing possibilities are endless. I remember Clarky writing a big post when he got the Matrix cabs.
Also you'll find tons of tutorials done,check out the Axe Fest videos,that has some pretty useful stuff. They are on youtube. I think
guys like Chris@Katsukurimedia and Scott Peterson are folks you should really check out,they have some awesome tutorials and things.
Tons of other folks as well.
You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom