Just got my ax8

EdgE

Fractal Fanatic
Proud to say I’m an owner of the ax8, having owned ,the ultra,axe2. I’ve been axeless for a couple years.Thought i’d go back to tube amps ,which I did find an amp I love ,Carolann tucana 3. But I thought I’d try modeling again ,well I admit I went another direction, helix .
While I’ll say it did sound good ,it passed 1 out of 3 tests. It sounded good though computer with head phones ,not so good though monitors or with power amp and cab, so I sent it back. In comes the ax8 .I ran through my monitors ,alittle tweaking ,mostly the amp just cutting bass and some amps bright switch. Very nice, I forgot so many amps and cab to choose . Ran through a qsc k10. Good sound also,and than the final test stereo guitar cab and an old ada power amp the one with the pre amp tubes ,it sounded great through that too.
You kind of know when you have a good tone ,you tweak for your sound and then you just play and play . So I guess what I,m saying is I’m back in the fractal family and it feels (sounds) great

best trick I found so far is to attach the delay level to the frequency modifier. This way, the lower notes such as power chords get a smaller amount of delay than a high lead note. Try it out, super cool.

best trick I found so far is to attach the delay level to the frequency modifier. This way, the lower notes such as power chords get a smaller amount of delay than a high lead note. Try it out, super cool.
I will give it a try ,Thanks

Back
Top Bottom