Just got my AX8

Right on bro!
Yes it's different. First thing is figure out if you want to be in pedal mode or scene mode by pressing and holding Preset (F-1) or Scene (F-2) button. Huge,..although I need to figure out how to power up in pedal mode always -if that's possible, because I sometimes forget to press n hold F-1 because I never use scenes.

Doing the majority of the pre set designs in Edit was helpful, then you can tweak em on the fly on top of the unit. Going from the Axe II where I found it easier to design pre sets on the front of the unit. In contrast on the Ax8 initially I was not sure where to begin especially finding the screen I wanted to tweak pre sets coupled with constantly forgetting to press n hold F-1 I was pretty confused at first.

Plugging in to Edit helped a lot in addition to getting the mode I wanted to operate in quickly allowed me to adapt to the new unit. Hope that helps and Rock hard bro man!

Right on bro!
Yes it's different. First thing is figure out if you want to be in pedal mode or scene mode by pressing and holding Preset (F-1) or Scene (F-2) button. Huge,..although I need to figure out how to power up in pedal mode always -if that's possible, because I sometimes forget to press n hold F-1 because I never use scenes.

Doing the majority of the pre set designs in Edit was helpful, then you can tweak em on the fly on top of the unit. Going from the Axe II where I found it easier to design pre sets on the front of the unit. In contrast on the Ax8 initially I was not sure where to begin especially finding the screen I wanted to tweak pre sets coupled with constantly forgetting to press n hold F-1 I was pretty confused at first.

Plugging in to Edit helped a lot in addition to getting the mode I wanted to operate in quickly allowed me to adapt to the new unit. Hope that helps and Rock hard bro man!
Thanks for the tips. I just got home and getting ready to turn it on and now I already know a couple things. Thanks!

This thing is different than my AX FXII for sure. Was messing around here at work and the foot pedals aren't anything like I thought. Going to have to dive into the manual tonight. It sounds really good!
The footpedals can be assigned to just about anything. I have the top 4 set to select preset1-4 and the bottom 4 set to scene1-4 within the currently selected preset.

Right on bro!

By using the footswitch button on the main screen in AX8 edit you can assign each footpedal to be whatever you want. Set them to select presets, or to select scenes, or to control effects blocks in the current patch. Very powerful. Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

If you don't already have it you'll want to get FracTool to help convert some of your Axe FX II presets to your Ax8. Like Cliff ALGrenadine is a mad scientist I don't know how he comes up with this stuff but it sure is cool!

By using the footswitch button on the main screen in AX8 edit you can assign each footpedal to be whatever you want. Set them to select presets, or to select scenes, or to control effects blocks in the current patch. Very powerful. Not sure if this is what you are looking for.
I was just playing around with that. man! I can't believe all the options for switches. It's crazy! Now I just have to figure out how I want things. This should be fun.

Take your time. :0) I have some presets where it's all scenes. Some where it's amp X/Y and the rest are IA switches. And a bunch where the bottom 4 are scenes and the top 4 are IA switches. It can be different for every switch and you don't even have to remember what is wheat because it's right there on the screen in front of you. :0) enjoy.

The options are awesome. I ended up with the 4 preset, 4 block control settings on most patches. But on some presets, there are a mix of scenes and other functions too. Incredibly flexible.

This is where I wound up, It's nice to have the ability to use both but the majority of my presets are just preset and I/A.

Congrats on your AX8 please let us know ur thoughts.....I get mine on Monday... Can't wait
I am loving this thing! I think it sounds a little better than my AXE FXII. Could be my imagination, I have the original AXE FXII and the MARKII versions but this AX8 is a little better sounding. The switching capabilities are off the charts. I have had no issues with AX8 editor. So far very positive experience.

I am loving this thing! I think it sounds a little better than my AXE FXII. Could be my imagination, I have the original AXE FXII and the MARKII versions but this AX8 is a little better sounding. The switching capabilities are off the charts. I have had no issues with AX8 editor. So far very positive experience.
You know. I am thinking the same. Not a big difference, could be placebo. Not sure. But I am definitely happy :)

My brother in law came by today and he is an amazing guitar player. He plays blues and old school country mostly. Myself, I'm a shredder. I plugged him into my new AX8 and started going through the bluesy factory stuff and he was quite impressed right off the bat. He is a tube amp guy and he started asking me all these questions about the AX8. I think I might have got him hooked.

Agreed!! I fully believe I have way better tone than I ever did with my Axe II rig using the Ax8!

By the way my earlier post I meant preset mode not pedal mode. You must have figured that out!!

My brother in law came by today and he is an amazing guitar player. He plays blues and old school country mostly. Myself, I'm a shredder. I plugged him into my new AX8 and started going through the bluesy factory stuff and he was quite impressed right off the bat. He is a tube amp guy and he started asking me all these questions about the AX8. I think I might have got him hooked.
I am wanting to be this guy..having a hard time getting the processor sound out of the sound...ss power amp,bogner 2x22 cab...I think it could be the vu meters as I was schooled on how they effect volume

Definitely best to not approach the AX8 the same way as the Axe FX. Took me a while to figure that out but when it finally hit me (helped by the fine work of Fremen and his presets), this thing really started to win me over! For me it is not about replacing my Axe FX Mark II but instead realizing they are using the same technology applied differently enough to fit different requirements.

Back
Top Bottom