just got back from navy boot camp..what have i missed in 2 months?

mjd515

just like the title says i see that there is an upgrade to 17 something whats changed and how does it work? i feel like im lost in a sea of info for something i was so well versed on 2 months ago.

God bless you! Relax and chill for a couple days. Haven't missed a thing!
I'm sure you're family is glad to hear from you again! Thanks for your service

thank you! its actually been about a week since ive graduated and ive been in a school down in florida for a few days, ive been using that time to get reacclamiated to real life and this was like 60% of my life before i left so im looking to jump back in to this new firmware and get nice and familiar with all that is new and how it works and changes my sounds

Now you know that you can't come on here talking about joining the Navy without telling us what your rate is going to be. :) I was USAF, but spent the last 8 years of my career training IC's. They were all prior service so they always had some insane sea stories.....some of them I wish that I could unhear. :)

And thank you for your service. :encouragement:

im over in corry station, so far its awesome, i have gotten my axe shiped down here yet but in the next week im hoping on it coming

Best of luck! Remember the old saying about getting out what you put in? It's true. Your career is your responsibility.

Awesome. Take advantage of the training opportunities that you are going to be presented with.

Congrats man! In celebration, go buy the new Axe Fx 4, and sell me your axe 2 :) a lot has changed in 2 months!

I'd download the latest firmware and just peruse the release notes. Then ask specific questions about changes you are curious about.. I think they do a great job of documenting changes. And thanks for your service!

im over in corry station, so far its awesome, i have gotten my axe shiped down here yet but in the next week im hoping on it coming

I loved pcola back when I was there for AOCS and VT-10 in the early 90's. Have some fun in Seville Quarter for me!

just like the title says i see that there is an upgrade to 17 something whats changed and how does it work? i feel like im lost in a sea of info for something i was so well versed on 2 months ago.

I heard the Navy got some new gear too (drones), what did we miss?

Welcome back!
GO NAVY!

I like vintage firmwares more.

Right - because 'vintage' firmware has a 'spongier, squishier feel' :shock

Kidding aside, I did 6 years in the 'canoe club' on a guided missile destroyer. Looking back, some of the best years of my life, and 35 years later I'm still friends with several of the guys.

The earlier post was right - get ALL the eduction you can. Treat it as a clean slate, and endeavor to over-achieve. It will pay off later.

There will be times you will HATE being in the service, but I like to think in the end that I got at least as much out of it as they got out of me. Don't forget about using your GI Bill benefits when you get out (which may seem like a very long time away right now).

Good for you, and thanks in advance for your service!

I heard the Navy got some new gear too (drones), what did we miss?

Welcome back!
GO NAVY!

They're flying Fire Scout (helicopter) in a limited fashion off ships (still in testing - I have a few friends over there) and my (former - Trevor is freeeeee!!!!!) company supplies ISR assets (Aerosonde) to the Navy. My friend is the PM on that program.

Back
Top Bottom