Just got an iPhone. Must have apps?

Using the iPhone mic, iStrobosoft is nowhere near as accurate as the other Peterson tuners. It does the whole locking in to a pitch thing which is the exact opposite of their other tuners. I have a number of Peterson tuners, but I use the TC PolyTune app on my iPhone and iPad. That being said, I am yet to try it out again using my L6 SonicPort so it might react differently using a proper interface.

BTW, get yourself a Sonic Port. Great little piece of kit with a lot of functionality crammed into a little package. I use it with my iPhone or iPad as a super compact, but pretty powerful, practice and songwriting setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to bash the iPhone but the new Os sucks! everything looks cartoonish it slowed the phone down and increased the battery consumption. I have had an iPhone from the get go and I can say with out a doubt when it's time for a new phone I will be looking at something else probably Samsung Galaxy S4.

As to iPhone apps I work outdoors and like the iHandy apps.

Not to bash the iPhone but the new Os sucks! everything looks cartoonish it slowed the phone down and increased the battery consumption. I have had an iPhone from the get go and I can say with out a doubt when it's time for a new phone I will be looking at something else probably Samsung Galaxy S4.

As to iPhone apps I work outdoors and like the iHandy apps.

Um...........actually, that was all to bash the iPhone. lol

+1 on Anytune Pro, IStrobosoft, IRealB, Thumbjam.

Also, EchoPad, Audiobus, Loopy HD, Impaktor (if you like drums) SampleWiz, VoiceSynth, WerkBench, TuneIn Radio, Looptical

Phone (the green one, pre-installed, so don't delete it).....it's very useful to make some phone calls :lol (j/k). Personally, I like that "Weather App" the most......music apps? Nah.....a iPhone is still a phone (not a toy....at least not for me).

Using the iPhone mic, iStrobosoft is nowhere near as accurate as the other Peterson tuners.

I would not expect it to be. It's just a convenient option. I use Guitartuna to tune a starting string when trying guitars in a guitar store for example - just the phone is needed - no additional interface to carry in your pocket.

I'd bet the free Guitar Tuna app is as good as iStrobosoft which costs 10$.

I don't know, iOS 7 grew on me eventually, even though my initial reaction was "WTF". There are subtle little touches all over the place that only Apple can really nail.

Back
Top Bottom