Just got an Axe Fx 2 XL, can't connect via USB on Mac, please help.

Im running a 2012 macbook pro with I7 processor and had the same issue with my usb ports. Turns out a few updates ago something happened and killed one of my usb's. Started using the second port and it works fine. You could have a dead usb input

*edit* It is a common issue and here is a thread from apple if you're running 10.10,
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19094?locale=en_US

Im running a 2012 macbook pro with I7 processor and had the same issue with my usb ports. Turns out a few updates ago something happened and killed one of my usb's. Started using the second port and it works fine. You could have a dead usb input

*edit* It is a common issue and here is a thread from apple if you're running 10.10,
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19094?locale=en_US
Tried all of those things, think my iMac is garbage.

Whenever I get into weird creaky Mac stuff I reset the PRAM. If that doesn't fix it I then unplug all USB and firewire cables from the computer and power the peripherals down. Reboot. I've never found repairing permissions does much, but I do that too. THEN if it still doesn't work I use Disk Warrior, the ultimate save my ass utility. Works every time.

updated my Mac to Big Sur 11.2.3. Cannot connect Axe fx2 to USB/ When I try to instal "axe fx2 to USB Driver set up" I get this message. “Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II USB Driver.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

is there an updated version somewhere? Any help would be great.

Thanks

I tried installing both the old driver and the recent ones but no ;uck checked the cable, restarted after installation. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated having a hard time finding any info about axe fx2 and Big Sur 11.2.3

I have the same problem. I have a Macbook Pro 15-inch 2019 model, with macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3 (20D91). I have installed both old and new drivers but the operating system cannot detect the hardware. These are kernel messages when I connect the USB:

[255289.963805]: 255289963805us AppleThunderboltGenericHAL::earlyWake - complete - took 0 milliseconds
[255289.963825]: AppleThunderboltGenericHAL::earlyWake - complete - took 0 milliseconds
[255300.521592]: 255300.521590 HS04@14400000: AppleUSBHostPort::disconnect: persistent enumeration failures

EDIT: After Googling the error message (AppleUSBHostPort) it turns out it's related to USB 3.0 vs USB 2.0 issues. My Macbook has only USB C, ports. I've managed to fix the issue by connecting it via a KVM Switch I had. So the connection is the following:

Macbook (USB C) ---> (USB Mini or or something like that) KVM Switch --> (USB 2.0) Axe FX

PS: You have to buy an Official cable from Apple to convert USB C to USB, otherwise it doesn't work. Damned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom