Just got a shipping notification for my new RAC12!

Had the email in my inbox today. For me it's not so much gigging - it's more casual situations like jamming or practice where you aren't working with something that's been shaken out some. If you're with unfamiliar people and/or you're in a band and their volume and settings are fluctuating because it's something new it's nice to be able to just reach over and turn a knob.

This gets me to where the AX-8 is only I tend to like stuff I can have eye level or so at times. And not necessarily with the Edit software.

I don't gig - I want it for creating patches. I look forward to the physical/tactile approach to tweaking tones.

I guess I just don't see the worth in price if it's just for at home creating patches. I mean you're like paying $500 to be able to turn a knob vs click and put a value in, or twist a digital dial with the mouse. I see the value for gigging, etc. Hey but if you want it and can afford it I'm glad you're getting it. WOOT!

I guess I just don't see the worth in price if it's just for at home creating patches. I mean you're like paying $500 to be able to turn a knob vs click and put a value in, or twist a digital dial with the mouse. I see the value for gigging, etc. Hey but if you want it and can afford it I'm glad you're getting it. WOOT!
I have one and for me it's more intuitive - it makes using the Axe FX like an amp. Yes, you can program it with the editor to set it and forget but there's nothing like being able to grab a knob and change a value for multiple parameters. It does make the Axe FX more amp like. Every parameter can be assigned to a knob and every knob can have click and hold functions too.

Ah I k ow what it is. Yeah cool idea but kinda pointless for me.
I mean the axe already has knobs .
I understand but don't agree with the reasons for buying one.

Had mine 9 months. For gigging/ practice/ Jams/ Demo's its REALLY good. At home I dont touch it much, its easier to use the AFX front panel. I dont use Axe-Edit at all. I will use it at home if I just want to twist Gain, B/M/T but anything else I go for the AFX.

Glad I have mine - and its worth the money for functionality - not sure If Id get another if I was home use only though.

If I were just going to use the Axe for recording at home I'd just use the front panel or the Axe Edit. Plenty. But if I'm selling off my amps with the intent of using it all the time I'd like the option to just go with a single patch and tweak from the front where I can just reach back and turn a knob. Even factoring in that cost it's still overall less than what I'd pay for a boutique head and that full suite of effects.

I got my email notification today too. Can't wait get it! I don't use Axe Edit much either so this will be a great help. Naturally for deep advanced parameters, the Axe front panel is they way too go.

It's nice to pull up a factory preset and instantly start tweaking it for your needs. The same holds true for using a different guitar that the preset was designed for.

Mine is on its way too... Can't wait! I use Axe Edit, I use the front panel, but to have easy access to amp controls will be a real bonus. Better get an IEC to 9V adapter ordered.

Liam

Ah I k ow what it is. Yeah cool idea but kinda pointless for me.
I mean the axe already has knobs .
I understand but don't agree with the reasons for buying one.

Might sound a bit radical, but you could always take extreme action, and just not buy one if this is the case. ;)

Joking aside, I use the knobs on the front panel of my Axe-FX a lot, but having more than 5 of them to go at without needing to scroll is the thing that floats my boat. I'm going to take a guess that I'll be able to apply most of what I habitually want to get at to 3 or 4 pages, and expect to mainly use just 1 or 2. I'll let you know if it turns out to be worth it, but I'm pretty confident it will.

Liam

Back
Top Bottom