Just got a prototype Xitone cab...

jzucker

Experienced
I just received a prototype xitone cab that weighs less than 30lbs and sounds !@#$ amazing. It completely blows away the alto cabs I was using before. Can't wait to get a pair of these!

I can't divulge any of the details of construction at this point in time but I really love this. To me, it sounds way better than any of the other FRFR cabs I have tried. More guitaristic and tone and feel. Really brings out the nuances of clean and overdriven tone from loud jazz to holdsworth to dumble and SRV and anything else I've thrown at it!

C’mon Mick @MicFarlow ........give the faithful here (who directed mr. Zucker to you in the foist place..) a widdle clue about this new mystery box that somehow found its way into his clutches.....

I sent Mr. Zucker a prototype design that came out of a conversation I had with a high level pro player last summer. I then met with that same player a little earlier this year to get further thoughts on the design and tweaks that might can be incorporated based on the testing and listening done up until that time.

It does indeed use the Dayton power amp. It also uses a 12" driver and a tweeter. That's where any similarity to any other design I've done to date ends. I am currently working with the driver manufacturer as regards some remaining details yet to be ironed out.

As a general rule I never send out prototypes but after reading Mr. Zuckers posts and after a bit of time on the phone with him it became evident to me that his use scenario was a perfect fit for what was discussed last summer and is indeed the exact scenario the model is being developed for.

...or at least give Mr. Zucker clearance to offer us some of his renowned Sheeits of Sound™ played thru it,........

I have authorized Mr. Zucker to record some video if he so chooses at a time and place and in a manner that works into his schedule.

I sent Mr. Zucker a prototype design that came out of a conversation I had with a high level pro player last summer. I then met with that same player a little earlier this year to get further thoughts on the design and tweaks that might can be incorporated based on the testing and listening done up until that time.

It does indeed use the Dayton power amp. It also uses a 12" driver and a tweeter. That's where any similarity to any other design I've done to date ends. I am currently working with the driver manufacturer as regards some remaining details yet to be ironed out.

As a general rule I never send out prototypes but after reading Mr. Zuckers posts and after a bit of time on the phone with him it became evident to me that his use scenario was a perfect fit for what was discussed last summer and is indeed the exact scenario the model is being developed for.

I have authorized Mr. Zucker to record some video if he so chooses at a time and place and in a manner that works into his schedule.

Using new Celestion F12-X200? ;)

Damn, ...... Ok. Got me interested. Love my Xitone cab.

Wait , LESS than 30lbs ? Man , I don't know , I prefer carrying equipment that hurts my back. ( Preferably lower back. ) Ready for details !

Nope. :)

I have been waiting on that F12-X200 for 18 months or so but no, it is not a factor in the prototype Mr. Zucker has at the moment.

Trust me, once I get my hands on the F12-X200 y'all will certainly know about it for sure!
Let me crack another guess? :p
Not a coaxial?

Damn, ...... Ok. Got me interested. Love my Xitone cab.

Wait , LESS than 30lbs ? Man , I don't know , I prefer carrying equipment that hurts my back. ( Preferably lower back. ) Ready for details !

We can arrange to add a little weight if ya want to make your back feel more appreciated! :)

Let me crack another guess? :p
Not a coaxial?

Well... it would not be good for me to divulge too much now would it! :)

Thanks @MicFarlow looking forward to the details when they are available.

Very welcome!

Back
Top Bottom