Just got a Fractal EV-1 Expression Pedal, Can't seem to find the right pages on fm3 calibrate it?

Royalty

Hi guys, I just received a Fractal EV-1 Expression pedal today. I'm on FM3 and trying to calibrate it and get it to work but I am not having a drop of luck getting it working.
When I go to the manual under calibrating it I can't even see a few of the pages it says to go to on the unit.

Can you guys help me with a detailed list of what to do to start getting this going. I'm hooking it into pedal one. My primary thing is to at least get it working as a Wah but when I turn was block on and press on pedal nothing happens.

I am following this:
  1. From the Home page, open SETUP: I/O: Pedal.
  2. For pedal jack 1, set Pedal 1 Setup to “PEDAL 1 (EXP/SW TIP)”
    (or use Pedal 2 Setup if that’s the jack you’re connecting to)
  3. Navigate down to the Calibrate function for your pedal and press the ENTER.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform calibration. Press HOME to finish.
  • Be sure to see the next page for instructions on assigning your new pedal.
  • If something doesn’t work, check a different pedal or cable!
AFTER I PRESS SETUP I DO NOT SEE "PEDAL" IN THE I/O
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi guys, I just received a Fractal EV-1 Expression pedal today. I'm on FM3 and trying to calibrate it and get it to work but I am not having a drop of luck getting it working.
When I go to the manual under calibrating it I can't even see a few of the pages it says to go to on the unit.

Can you guys help me with a detailed list of what to do to start getting this going. I'm hooking it into pedal one. My primary thing is to at least get it working as a Wah but when I turn was block on and press on pedal nothing happens.

I am following this:
  1. From the Home page, open SETUP: I/O: Pedal.
  2. For pedal jack 1, set Pedal 1 Setup to “PEDAL 1 (EXP/SW TIP)”
    (or use Pedal 2 Setup if that’s the jack you’re connecting to)
  3. Navigate down to the Calibrate function for your pedal and press the ENTER.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform calibration. Press HOME to finish.
  • Be sure to see the next page for instructions on assigning your new pedal.
  • If something doesn’t work, check a different pedal or cable!
AFTER I PRESS SETUP I DO NOT SEE "PEDAL" IN THE I/O
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Press Setup
Nav to I/O, press Enter
Page right to the Pedal tab.

Press Setup
Nav to I/O, press Enter
Page right to the Pedal tab.
OK I GOT THE WAH WORKING NOW. Thanks Chris, I'm a bit blind I think.LOL.
Anyway now I have one thing that I need to ask you guys. When I have the WAH totally HEEL DOWN the Wah turns off. I like that very much. But after using the pedal and then putting my heel down to turn it off I notice that it "DOES NOT TURN OFF INSTANTLY. It takes a second or 2 too totally disengage. How can I get it to Instantly when my heel goes down 100 percent for it to go immediately to the sound of the Wah disengaged. it bothers me a bit that it takes a second or 2 to go back to the preset sound.

There must be some adjustment where as soon as I'm Heel down I am instantly back to my normal sound without it taking a second or 2 to get there.Anyone know the magic setting? Please let me know. Thanks

OK I GOT THE WAH WORKING NOW. Thanks Chris, I'm a bit blind I think.LOL.
Anyway now I have one thing that I need to ask you guys. When I have the WAH totally HEEL DOWN the Wah turns off. I like that very much. But after using the pedal and then putting my heel down to turn it off I notice that it "DOES NOT TURN OFF INSTANTLY. It takes a second or 2 too totally disengage. How can I get it to Instantly when my heel goes down 100 percent for it to go immediately to the sound of the Wah disengaged.

There must be some adjustment where as soon as I'm Heel down I am instantly back to my normal sound without it taking a second or 2 to get there.Anyone know the magic setting? Please let me know. Thanks
go to the Modifier screen, where you set the source for the Wah Control.

look for the Auto Engage Speed parameter - it may be set to something like Med Spd or similar. set it to Fast Spd or Fast Pos. this will turn it off the fastest.

Back
Top Bottom