Just giving thanks...

funny_polymath

Fractal Fanatic
I've been gone from here along while. Lotta personal stuff. I haven't even recorded any music for over a year.

So, yesterday, I started working with my nephew, who lives in Korea, shipping files back and forth between our respective DAWs (Samplitude for me, Reason for him). Ain't this an incredible time to be alive, to be able to do that, and with pretty much zero effort?

I tracked a bunch of guitar tracks using some of my patches, and several presets as well, notably Ambient Guitar, Das Metal, and Uber Goober.

I had FORGOTTEN how friggin good the Axe-II sounds! (and I am on embarrassingly old FW).

Cliff, this thing is amazing. I'm amazed all over again.

I am using stock cabs, nothing fancy, and, I'm sorry - but this sh$t sounds REALLY REAL! No re-amping, no fancy third party stuff, just the Axe-II (and my trusty PCM-70 in the fx loop for some of my signature patches).

I'd worked with musician/producer Tomas Doncker on my last album, and never had the heart to tell him how crappy I thought his guitar tones were. There we were in the studio, he playing a fancy, very expensive boutique amp (sometimes two), me plugged straight into a D/I (what an argument with the engineer, who insisted on mic'ing my FRFR 'cab' for the first few sessions). He was playing through some Zoom multi-effects unit that just dweezed his sound up - all 'digi' sounding, and there I was, coming out of the lowly (in his not-so-humble-opinion) 'modeler' - and I sounded way more real. You can actually hear it on my CD - compare the first solo, his, and the second solo, mine:

So... just wanted to say THANKS. Amazed all over again. Will upgrade Real Soon Now to the new Firmware, LOL.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Hey Polymath, I live not too far from you in Chichester N.Y. 3 miles up from Phoenicia, in between Phoenicia and Hunter. I have been a Fractal Audio user for some time now. I really dig my AXE-FX II and my AXE-8. I have always liked working with modelers (which I have owned practically every modeling device ever made) for my musical needs and convenience. Great products!

Hey Polymath, I live not too far from you in Chichester N.Y. 3 miles up from Phoenicia, in between Phoenicia and Hunter. I have been a Fractal Audio user for some time now. I really dig my AXE-FX II and my AXE-8. I have always liked working with modelers (which I have owned practically every modeling device ever made) for my musical needs and convenience. Great products!
Howdy! What kind of music are you in to?

I play classic rock,love southern rock, country, some blues, and originals. I play with a band called EX-FILES. We will be at Keegan Ale's in Kingston on April 29th. Perhaps you can check us out. I'll be playing thru my AXE-8.

Oh, I'd love to, but I'll be Fire-Keeper at the annual Beltane festival at the Center for Symbolic Studies, in Tilson. Let me know when the next one is, though, and I'll keep an eye out.

Back
Top Bottom