Just finished my MFC pedalboard!

Ridiculous! Very creative. I may totally rip that idea off. I'm sick of drunk dancers stepping on my board and that would protect the connections for sure.

Ridiculous! Very creative. I may totally rip that idea off. I'm sick of drunk dancers stepping on my board and that would protect the connections for sure.

At least you had dancers. I went to see my buddy's band last night and there was barely a person in the club interested in the music being played, quite sad and unfortunate. I guess that's normal these days. I always have a large audience, because I play at a church. I guess they don't come to see me either though.:mrgreen

Very slick! If you don't mind me asking how heavy is it?

It's not super heavy. Most of the weight is the pedals. The 2 pieces of dark mahogany are the rest of the weight. That stuff is the dense mahogany old les pauls are made of, but the lighter color stuff is actually really light by comparison. About the same weight as alder. It's lighter than a powered atomic wedge, so I'd say 30lbs. It's about the weight of a jcm 900 head.

Wow... late to the party on this build, off the hook for sure! What did you use for cable?

That was a major source of frustration... probably the hardest part of this whole thing actually. I attempted several methods and when it was all said and done, I ended up using solid core 24ga wire. The big issue was every single joint of copper pipe has an edge that is just sharp enough to snag the plastic coating of any wire, making it extremely difficult to thread though. To make matters worse, I had to have almost exact lengths because pushing "extra" back into the pipe after soldering the ends is damn near impossible with 1/2" tubing and because every connection is basically in a joint, soldering was super tight. I soldered 1 end, then threaded the pipe piece by piece getting it exact length... it was a nightmare... BUT IT'S AWESOME NOW!

Back
Top Bottom