Just finished a cool book...

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
"Ingenious: a true story about invention, automotive daring, and the race to revive America." By Jason Fagone.

I enjoyed this because I witnessed some of it in person and because I continue to do work for the one of the central characters in the book. But IMO, anyone can find inspiration in it. I think the Fractal gang will get a kick out of it as well as anybody who likes to make stuff and desires to do work they believe in.

It's about a race to make something that matters, something that can make a difference. It's about a prize pursued by a set of quirky and courageous characters, and how their battle to create a 100mpge consumer car reveals a lot about who we are, what we can do, and what isn't getting done by those we trust.

If you're on the east coast there's a December book tour WITH one of the crazier Xprize vehicles: Team Illuminati's Seven, a from-scratch, 17ft long, 4 person car built by hand in a tractor barn with a frame forged using a wood stove, a body that was originally carved with chain saws, and parts Frankensteined from multiple vehicles, including a Delorean.
It's a 207 miles per gallon equivalent vehicle.
This is some fun, crazy s***, and the story is good.

BOOK TOUR - December only for now Events « Jason Fagone
MAIN CHARACTERS/TEAMS - Ingenious cast « Jason Fagone
WHERE TO BUY (scroll down) - Ingenious the Book « Jason Fagone

ingenious_300.jpg

And my ride in Illuminati's Seven

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom