Just discovered something quite cool

simeon

Axe-Master
if you have a laptop, you can use the fxl block to insert it into your layout and use it as an extra fx processor. set out 2 echo to none and set usb digi source to out 2

set whatever fx you run on your laptop to 100% mix

i know most people will be thinking "wtf? more fx?", but those who know me will appreciate why i think this is kinda awesome

i now return you to your regular programming....

This is pretty cool....

Got to admit I'm pretty exciting at the potential of running my Axe signal through Native Instruments Reaktor and some other modular synth engines

Simeon,

Can you get any effects to work post the FXL in the grid? The FXL seems to bypass any post FXL blocks and go right to OUT 1. I have only tested with the headphone out though.

Thanks,

Dan

can you use this to insert a software looper at the end of your effects chain? what about latency with real time effects?

Simeon,

Can you get any effects to work post the FXL in the grid? The FXL seems to bypass any post FXL blocks and go right to OUT 1. I have only tested with the headphone out though.

Thanks,

Dan

The USB signal from computer goes straight to Out 1, so not like that. But, there is one trick to get a mono USB return signal into the grid:

Tone match block, ref source = USB, choose ref channel, ref solo = on. To save and return to a preset working in this way you need to assign a ref solo modifier to force it to "on", otherwise it will be off upon reload. "TMA - REF SOLO'D" will blink constantly, but aside from that annoyance this works.

A soloed TM reference doesn't mute the usual USB-Out1 path and isn't affected by USB return level, so you have to decide what to do about that. Leave USB Return level up and have a "dry" (possibly stereo) path to Out 1 always, with optional TM grid feed on one channel or a sum. Or, set USB return level to -60 (pretty much silent) and have TMA be the only way to have USB return signal audible.

Hi Simeon,

I am interested in this but I am not sure I understand how to connect it. So I have some questions:

1) Can you describe exactly for us dummies how to make the connections? (from guitar all the way to the whole chain)
2) Do you need an extra soundcard for the laptop?
3) and isn't it the same as plugging an external soundcard attached to your laptop in the Fx loop?
4) and the way you do it can it also be done with an iPad?

when i tested this, i had the fxl blok at the end of my grid, so i didn't notice that the output from the fxl block was going straight to output 1. well that's a drag. bakerman's workaround is very ingenious, but not really a solution, imo.

i wonder if cliff might be able to get this working properly? perhaps a parameter in the fxl block settings to choose between out 2 and usb? i'll make a wishlist item.

That would be great, Simeon. I have been trying to get this to work for a long time to be able to use MainStage´s looper pre Axe Fx Multi delay, reverb etc., but no success so far.

Back
Top Bottom